PDA

View Full Version : GTX 680 zero hardware acceleration

Dennik
08-14-2013, 11:08 PM
I have an NVidia GTX680 on windows 7 64bit 24gb Ram
I need some help with this, I've noticed the last few days that modeler is super slow to the point of crawling. I've updated the card drivers to the latest, I'm not sure what is causing this, but its very frustrating and its slowing me down tremendously.
I'd appreciate any help. Thanks.

bazsa73
08-15-2013, 12:25 AM
And how heavy is your model? Or is it just slow on its own?

JonW
08-15-2013, 12:51 AM
It is usually a poly count issue rather than the card. Modeler only works on one core, so for most of us 15/16 or 23/24 of our computers are on holiday!

It is a real pain in the neck when one has a stack of badly drawn architectural drawings in many layers!

MarcusM
08-15-2013, 01:39 AM
Check if this is not Vsync. Turn of this in drivers. On Ati cards it helps.

spherical
08-15-2013, 02:13 AM
Post a screen shot of your Display Options > GL tab. Could be you have settings in there that aren't optimum. Usually, they are:

Multitexture Shaders
SortByObject
Buffered(VBO)
MipMapping off
Reflections off
Transparency Channel off
Legacy OpenGL off

As MarcusM suggested, Vsync sometimes helps, too, but I haven't found it to make much of a difference on the later hardware and OGL versions; at least with my 670.

blackvx
08-18-2013, 07:31 AM
Post a screen shot of your Display Options > GL tab. Could be you have settings in there that aren't optimum. Usually, they are:

Multitexture Shaders
SortByObject
Buffered(VBO)
MipMapping off
Reflections off
Transparency Channel off
Legacy OpenGL off

As MarcusM suggested, Vsync sometimes helps, too, but I haven't found it to make much of a difference on the later hardware and OGL versions; at least with my 670.

Hi guys, sorry to jump in the thread. I have 2 GTX 670 and I am trying to optimize them. I was looking
"Legacy OpenGL off" and I can't see that option.
Also, should I setup my second video card to Physx? See images in attachment

Thanks for your help,
Michael

spherical
08-18-2013, 03:11 PM
That's the Layout Dialogue. The OP was talking about Modeler.

Amurrell
08-21-2013, 03:57 AM
Also, using flat, sketch, and weight shading will slow things down as well on gaming cards, by a good margin, not sure about the professional level of cards. Also, you can use a smoothing angle as small as 1 degree on all of your surfaces and speed up performance quite a bit. Turning off V-sync in layout and on the card will prevent tearing and also boost performance.