PDA

View Full Version : severe message during vtp3890 patch installation

andi_bayu
11-12-2003, 07:11 PM
Dear all,
I found a problem during vtp 3890patch installation.
I use VT2 build 3480i on windows 2000 pro.
I want to patch it using VTP 3890 which was downloaded from

http://www.rectangular.net/newtek/VTP3890.zip

Before, I used the VTP3718AE patch.

My attempts are;
1. I tried to uninstall the VTP 3718AE patch and replace it with VTP 3890.
When I run setup.exe, a severe message showed up and it said :
I cannot find a patchgreadable version of video toaster[2]!.
This installation will now skedaddle.

2.I tried to uninstall VT2 and its windows registry entry and re install VT2 and patch it again. But the message kept showing up.

Is there any sollution for my problem ?

Jim_C
11-12-2003, 07:37 PM
You'll need a full build installed first for the patch to go on top of.
Install your T2 from your disks then patch.
Any install from Newtek that ends in a B is a build and can stand alone. If it ends in a P its a patch and has to go on top of a build.

Hope this helps.

jim

andi_bayu
11-13-2003, 08:18 AM
Thnx man,

but that is exactly what I did in my 2nd attempt,

VT2 build 3480i Fresh installed, then run the vtp3890 on it.
But still, the severe message showed up.

Jim_C
11-13-2003, 08:42 AM
You may need to do more registry removals possibly, do a search here for uninstall or registry or such.
well try this one first

http://vbulletin.newtek.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=11282

Can you do a full reformat and reinstall of the OS? Might be quicker easier and leaner than searching for info than working with registry.

good luck

jim

Scott Bates
11-13-2003, 11:09 AM
Can you do a full reformat and reinstall of the OS? Might be quicker easier and leaner than searching for info than working with registry.
Nothing against doing a complete OS 'flush 'n fill' (I'm overdue), but I can do the file search-and-delete and registry cleaning in 10-15 minutes which is much faster. As long as one is comfortable working in the registry, and very careful it's quick and easy. I do always make sure I have a Ghost or TrueImage image of my system drive before I go messing with the registry however.

Jim_C
11-13-2003, 11:15 AM
Originally posted by sbates
but I can do the file search-and-delete and registry cleaning in 10-15 minutes

Well la dee da... arent you just special.
I guess that's why I posted your directions for Nascar Pit Stop registry removal then huh?

:D

jim

..please note intense sarcasm and lunch time caffeine overload..
:rolleyes:

Scott Bates
11-13-2003, 01:11 PM
:D Sarcasm duly noted and appropriately interpreted Jim. Just passing on what works.

Wish I could claim credit for the uninstall scrub procedure, but it was passed on to me by Toaster Boaster Paul from another user the first time I tried to install the first VT[3] public beta. Their uninstalls have gotten better over the past few months and I haven't had to touch the registry on the last few re-installs.

Jim_C
11-13-2003, 01:18 PM
>>and I haven't had to touch the registry on the last few re-installs.

Yea me neither. I haven't had to dig into the registry since T2 3890 or whatever. I wonder how andi is doing? Heck I wonder what time it is in Indonesia right now?

jim