PDA

View Full Version : Is this not possible to use the Modeller and layout at the same time?

Ladonna
08-13-2013, 11:11 AM
Is this not possible to use the Modeller and layout at the same time?

Sorry for the dump question, but it is a bit annyoning for me to close each time my Modeller when I want to use the layout.
Is this a bug, did I something wrong?

Each time i call the layout ( Switch to layout) from the modeller it pops up with the Licence error. 8~
So I have to save my work, close the modeller and open the layout new.
Any way to avoid this?

Seems to me really wrong and annyoning.

Thank in advance for any tip :)

mummyman
08-13-2013, 11:24 AM
I'm old school and have my HUB turned off. So I have no problems working in both at the same time. Maybe it's an issue with versions? What version and are you on PC or Mac?

sandman300
08-13-2013, 11:24 AM
Each time i call the layout ( Switch to layout) from the modeller it pops up with the Licence error.
So I have to save my work, close the modeller and open the layout new.

There is definitely something wrong with your setup. If I were you I call tech support.

JohnMarchant
08-13-2013, 11:27 AM
Yep i would look at your setup mate. Im on 11.6 and no problem with having both running.

Ladonna
08-13-2013, 11:32 AM
Yep i would look at your setup mate. Im on 11.6 and no problem with having both running.

Thanks for the answer.

I have LW 11.6 and Windows 8 64 .

I guess I will have to ask the support.

JohnMarchant
08-13-2013, 11:43 AM
Maybe its a Windows 8 problem. Im on 7 Pro Win 64 and works fine and never had a license error

spherical
08-13-2013, 01:36 PM
Not a Windows 8 problem; 32-bit or 64-bit or 32-bit on 64-bit in WoW64 in any LW version I've used so far back to 9.3.1.

Ladonna
08-13-2013, 01:55 PM
I install LW new, Clean, still this issue.
Absolut frustrating. :censored:

As soon the layout Pop up, this is what I got.

nickdigital
08-13-2013, 02:08 PM
Odd...this is all on one workstation? Is LW able to communicate through the Windows firewall properly?

Sensei
08-13-2013, 02:37 PM
You should *not* install LW v11.6 as primary installation, nor use it in production!
It's pre-release, beta-stage product, unfinished.
It was showed up to people because of SIGGRAPH.

dwburman
08-13-2013, 02:56 PM
My guess would be it's a firewall or antivirus software interference issue, though it's clearly seeing both apps and checking to see if it's running. It shouldn't be doing that if you're using both on the same workstation. I do get that error when I have Layout on one computer and try to open Modeler on a different computer.

Andy Webb
08-14-2013, 11:37 AM
I don't wish to high jack this thread but has anyone noticed that if you have Layout open with a scene loaded
and then change one of the models in Modeller, it updates in Layout even without the Hub running.

It can be a bit inconsistent but in general it does seem to work, at least in Windows 8 running LW 64.

jasonwestmas
08-14-2013, 11:46 AM
LW 11.6 has problems finding files even when the project is targeted correctly. Other than that I haven't seen any licensing issues on win7 64.

and yes, definitely don't use a pre-release for paid work.

jasonwestmas
08-14-2013, 11:49 AM
I don't wish to high jack this thread but has anyone noticed that if you have Layout open with a scene loaded
and then change one of the models in Modeller, it updates in Layout even without the Hub running.

It can be a bit inconsistent but in general it does seem to work, at least in Windows 8 running LW 64.

yes, I think that's a real feature that got put in during the lw core cycle. They were planning on replacing modeler with core so all you had to do was save your lwo model in core and it would update inside layout if it was loaded in there.

Amurrell
08-15-2013, 03:57 AM
"I install LW new, Clean, still this issue.
Absolut frustrating.

As soon the layout Pop up, this is what I got."

So this is even after you registered your version of LW dragged the .lwk file on top of this dialogue?

Ladonna
08-25-2013, 12:32 PM
"I install LW new, Clean, still this issue.
Absolut frustrating.

As soon the layout Pop up, this is what I got."

So this is even after you registered your version of LW dragged the .lwk file on top of this dialogue?

yes, but now I write the support. This a bug. A very rare one, but it one. Now i wait for the fix :)

JohnMarchant
08-25-2013, 03:08 PM
Only conclusion i can come up with is Firewall or Antivirus. Clean install on Win7 64Bit, no problems running Layout and modeler at same time, with and without hub.

shadowshifter
08-25-2013, 06:24 PM
Probably your setup. I'm on OSX 10.8 and LW 11.5.1 and 11.6 both happily run both halves, update each way etc. I haven't tried without the hub yet as I don't do enough interesting things to have wanted to kill the hub :) Hope support is able to solve your weird problem!