PDA

View Full Version : How to know which Kinect channel relates to which part of the face?

Phil
08-10-2013, 03:00 PM
I'm struggling to see how one should know which Kinect output to wire into which morph shape. I've tried various today and seen absolutely no response on the object, but do see the mesh updating in the Virtual Studio Kinect camera output.

tcoursey
08-12-2013, 12:48 PM
agreed. Needs some updating/manuls. I get that they were trying to be "generic" so to allow for updates maybe. But internally you know they somehow reference what "Animation Channel 1" (or whatever they called it) is right! :)

Lino is going to be posting some vids soon he said. I hope the manual is close behind.

PS: While I was playing with this use the plugin tool to actually see what values are being sent through those channels. You may need to adjust by multiplying. I found this true when I was trying some things...

lino.grandi
08-22-2013, 10:47 AM
There's a facial Sample secne in the latest NevronMotion content (the Alien Emissary face, the same we used for the Siggraph demo).

The object contains all the needed morphs, and of course they're connected to the proper input node.

You can find a very precise description of the facial input nodes here:

Kinect Face Tracking (http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/jj130970.aspx) (Face Tracking Outputs section!)

Greenlaw
08-26-2013, 12:31 AM
Thanks Lino--I've been waiting for this. Now I just need to find the time to work with it. ;)

G.