PDA

View Full Version : How can I compile once I have images?

alexjose
08-09-2013, 11:06 AM
So i rendered my scenes and saved the animations as .avi uncompressed and saved the images as .tga's. But whenever my animation comes out being over about 1.5 Gb it wont play and says the file format is not recognized. Is there something I'm doing wrong or a way to get around this? Can I compile the pictures myself somehow? How would I do this? Thanks!

nickdigital
08-09-2013, 11:24 AM
Why are you saving out .avi and tgas? It seems redundant. The general recommendation is to render to frames. This way if the rendering process ever gets interrupted you can pick up the process from the last frame. Whereas if you're rendering to a movie and things fail you have to start all over again. If you have the .tga you can use those to make the .avi. You could use QTPro to compile the frames.

There's a tutorial on here on how to compile the frames using LW.
http://pixsim.com/

You probably want to look into a codec to reduce the filesize.

alexjose
08-09-2013, 11:59 AM
Thanks very much nickdigital! I wanted the .avi but saved the .tgas too just in case the .avi didnt work, which it didnt. My .avi works fine when its compressed but this is going to be a DVD playing on an HDTV so I wanted to use uncompressed frames, as you can imagine the file sizes are pretty huge. Do you have any recommendation on how best to do this? Shoud I just take my .tga's into QTPro and have it compile the movie? Thanks again

nickdigital
08-09-2013, 12:27 PM
I usually work with QT files with codecs like Animation or DNxHD. So not sure what the equivalent for an .avi would be.

BeeVee
08-09-2013, 04:31 PM
XViD is the one I usually use, or Lagarith for uncompressed.

B

sami
08-09-2013, 06:06 PM
Or Adobe Media Encoder CS6 which is very nice as well.

BeeVee
08-12-2013, 02:48 AM
You can also directly use LightWave. Here's a tut I wrote for LightWave [8] originally: http://lightwiki.com/wiki/Using_LightWave_to_compile_animations

B