PDA

View Full Version : .FACT to Lightwave

GATOR
08-09-2013, 08:08 AM
I have a client who wants me to re-render one of my old projects from 10 years ago from a different perspective. Only problem is that the model was created in the short-lived Electric Image Modeler, output as a .FACT file and rendered in Electric Image.

I use Lightwave for almost everything I do (and have for 9 years now). I'm trying to figure out a way to access my old .FACT files.

Any thoughts?

nickdigital
08-09-2013, 08:34 AM
I think this will convert it.
http://www.okino.com/conv/imp_fact.htm

GATOR
08-09-2013, 08:45 AM
Nick, Thanks. I did see this on my initial search, the base program was about $400...but most importantly it's PC and I'm Mac. It's the only converter that I found.

Phil
08-09-2013, 09:01 AM
Nick, Thanks. I did see this on my initial search, the base program was about $400...but most importantly it's PC and I'm Mac. It's the only converter that I found.

There's WineSkin Winery. It's an easy way to run Windows stuff on Mac, and makes it easy to try different versions of Wine and adjust other technical aspects. It's how I got messiah working under OS X once pmg lost all interest in helping out.

nickdigital
08-09-2013, 09:02 AM
Maybe someone on here could convert it for you for a small fee? Then pass that cost on to your client.

GATOR
08-09-2013, 09:11 AM
Nevermind, I just figured it out. I downloaded the current formZ 30 day trial, opened my model, saved it as Lightwave, opened Lightwave and loaded the model. It worked perfect. Over the next month I'll go through my archive and dig up all my big projects I did 'back in the day' and convert them.