PDA

View Full Version : Question for dual Modo/Lightwave users

Sebasvideo
08-09-2013, 04:07 AM
Sorry for this obvious rookie question, but my short experience in the 3D world is in Modo, and I want to know both as best as I can. What's the equivalent of the Modo "match position" function in Lightwave? I searched the manuals and forums but I couldn't find anything.

Thanks

BeeVee
08-09-2013, 06:33 AM
Do you mean for the camera to match the position of the Perspective viewport? It's a function new to 11.6. You get it by being in Perspective view and clicking on the third dropdown on the top left of the viewport and choosing Match Perspective.

B

3dworks
08-09-2013, 06:38 AM
not animated yet in modo, but i guess you can simply parent one item to the other (just drag your item on the one you want to match), then set relative position of your item to 0,0,0 - and unparent again. same is true for rotation and scale. there might be also a direct command, or a script for this, just don't remember right now.

tcoursey
08-09-2013, 06:55 AM
In modeler you can SET POSITION with key shortcut "v" by default. In layout there are many ways to do this. Look under Motion Properties of an object. Expressions in the graph editor, parenting as another mentioned. There may be more...

Good luck.

Sebasvideo
08-09-2013, 07:25 AM
Oh, I didn't mean the match camera to perspective view, I meant when you want to match an object's position to another, or the rotation. The reason I need this specifically is to have objects match the locators that After Effects sends from nulls, after doing camera tracking and creating nulls for certain positions.

tcoursey
08-09-2013, 07:27 AM
yep you'll find that under the motion options of an object. By default press "m" to bring up the motions dialog. Then under Position/Rotation/Scale TABS you'll see some dropdowns for controllers. Select SAME as ITEM. Then fromt above pick your ITEM on the dropdown. You'll be set!.

Sebasvideo
08-09-2013, 07:33 AM
Great, thanks!