PDA

View Full Version : The LW Galleries

Snosrap
08-08-2013, 09:57 PM
I must say I don't frequent the LW galleries much anymore and it's too bad because there is some pretty decent stuff there. I've come to the conclusion that I don't like going there because I can't "browse"! I remember the same thing about the modo gallery, but then that gallery got thumbnails and about that same time the LW gallery lost it's thumbnails. I go to the official LW gallery quite often, but there is not a lot of new stuff there and no way to comment on it. Please NT bring back thumbnails.

bobakabob
08-09-2013, 06:09 AM
Agreed, please can we have the thumbnails back? Considering the forum is for a graphics app it could be showing off so much more of Lightwave's visual power.

bazsa73
08-09-2013, 07:00 AM
+10

Lewis
08-09-2013, 07:34 AM
Yep fully agree, and forum TOP bar would be great too.

Maybe it's time for LW3DG to "move" on to it's own forum ;).

MAUROCOR
08-09-2013, 07:44 AM
Agreed! +1

scratch33
08-09-2013, 07:55 AM
+1

johnliebler
08-09-2013, 08:48 AM
+1

Nicolas Jordan
08-09-2013, 08:55 AM
I was thinking the same thing a few days ago. I think there should be a ribbon of thumbnails across the top of the main LW3DG page or something. Bringing thumbnails back in the forum galleries would really help.

Waves of light
08-09-2013, 10:59 AM
Agree. With what spare time we do have it's easy to miss gallery entries when popping onto the forum, so a nice scrolling slider across the top of each page would be fine by me.

Svenart
08-09-2013, 11:06 AM
Totally agree, also about the topbar!!!!!

Having a forum gallery without thumbnails is unbelievable disappointing. There are a lot of good reasons to change this. Please, Newtek, pleeeaaaaaaasssssseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eee!!!!!!+1

jakuzaa
08-09-2013, 11:56 AM
+1
No thumbnails on graphics forum? I dont like to visit LW Gallery subforums anymore. Please add thumbnails.
Also the forum image viewer is so slow, is there something you can do about it?

Waves of light
08-09-2013, 12:41 PM
One point to make is that this isn't exclusively a Lightwave forum... so Tricaster and other products may not want to see 'the latest LW work'. But I'm sure there'll be some code that only loads and displays the gallery slider based on which area of the forum you are viewing.

Hail
08-09-2013, 01:47 PM
The gallery looks very unattractive now.:(
I barely visit it anymore.
+1 for thumbs!

prometheus
08-09-2013, 01:48 PM
We have been mentioning this issue for several months now,But nothing has happened to change that back... I do not know if they are to busy with something else? or if there is some issues with the web forms to bring this back or if
they simply feel it is not necessary or put to much strain to the web forum browsing experience?

A lot of us has been requesting this back, I think this issue in fact is affecting the community negativly and itīs willingness to share work in progress or finished work to ghe galleries, and the user experience to take part in others recent W.I.P work etc.
I havent seen anyone from the lightwave team jumping in and giving some notifications on what will happen here, maybe I missed it or something?

Hereīs my negative feedback on how the forum galleries work today, I rarely ..rarely check them nowadays..that is a shame...I also feel reluctant to post anything since I feel others might feel the same about visiting the galleries...this is
Bad..bad.

PS..
Positive comments will come when gallery thumbs are up again.

Michael

paulhart
08-09-2013, 03:11 PM
+1 ~ I visit this forum usually daily, and there is no indication that this forum is graphics related. A slid-able banner of current WOW! across the top is excellent. Other forums I "haunt" have this, and I do click to see the full work and it engages me in the galleries. As much as I like Ligtwave, I don't visit the gallery enough. My HotButton on my browser is custom, thanks to one other forum member, so it only shows me Lightwave related sections on this forum. It could be designed into the preferences?? or a separate forum?? I routinely send links from this forum to individuals outside of the field when appropriate, yet they are only going to see a string of text, nothing demonstrating the visual power??

Ryan Roye
08-09-2013, 04:07 PM
+42

khan973
08-10-2013, 03:44 AM
+3000

djwaterman
08-10-2013, 05:59 AM
I remember how cool the browsing of work and work in progress was in Spinquads before it was hacked by spam. Anyway, I still check out the gallerys here, it's not like it hard to do or anything, but there does seem to be less stuff on show these days.

SaleVonGeist
08-10-2013, 07:52 AM
+3001 :)

bobakabob
08-10-2013, 09:00 AM
Can anyone from LWDG please enlighten us? (No pun intended :)

It's stating the obvious, but Lightwave's profile would be raised significantly if the forum showed off users' work more effectively. Surely the old thumbnail galleries can't be that difficult to implement?

khan973
08-10-2013, 10:54 AM
I stopped going in the Gallery because of that reason. Reading posts, replying takes some time each day so if you have to dig and dig, less and less professional will help or give feedbacks because it's too time consuming.
I really think they should consider this request as the overall quality of the work with LW gets better. It's too bad not to give it an extra work that is needed to stimulate us to watch and comment more.

OnlineRender
08-10-2013, 11:08 AM
if anybody knows VB saying get thumbnails back is not so easy esp V4... " although it can be done " as for the top row that is easily done but you need to remember this is a tricaster forum also ... tbh I would rather lw3d team wrote decent forums of there own and tricaster was given a place of there own after all there hardware can easily cost $40k+ its the minimal they deserve

Areyos Alektor
08-17-2013, 06:55 PM
+3002 :d