PDA

View Full Version : Insulation effect

Ty Catt
08-08-2013, 08:26 PM
Hello Y'all.

Anyone have a suggestion on how to create blown in insulation for wall construction? It doesn't have to animated, just already in place in a wall cross section.

I'm a bit behind with LW 9.0 still, and the closest I came was with hypervoxels, but when blown into studs between drywall and outer housing sheathing, it would take on a rectangular shape, not the conventional round null object shape that hypervoxels take on when activated.

Sorry if the solution is so obvious, it's just that it's late and I'm tired and not thinking too well.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Ty

nickdigital
08-08-2013, 08:37 PM
What about layering a bunch of polys with a procedural on the clip or transparency channel. It's a trick to make procedural textures volumetric.

Ty Catt
08-09-2013, 07:42 AM
That's s great idea! I'll give it a whirl.

THANKS!

Chrusion
08-09-2013, 07:30 PM
Then apply the normal displacement plugin using a value procedural (white) that animates from 0% layer opacity on frame 0 to whatever value moves the polys the distance they are spaced apart on frame 1 (or create a morph that does the same), set post-behavior mode of this envelope (layer opacity or morph amount) to repeat, and activate 100% photoreal motion blur. This will "ray march" the polys thru the clip/transparency texture (but only if set to world coords) to "fill in" the empty space between each poly layer.