PDA

View Full Version : Dpontīs dp filter and bloom node, setup and sample scene?

prometheus
08-08-2013, 02:49 PM
havenīt tried the dp filter out, until now actually, was about to see if I could get bloom streaks on waves.. or get a star filter on to hypervoxels or partigons.

http://dpont.pagesperso-orange.fr/plugins/nodes/DP_Filter.html#Bloom

tried through image processing but I donīt get any results at all, and the documentation of how to set it up seem to be absent.

anyone with a screen shot on how itīs suppose to be set up or a sample scene.

tried with lw 11.03 32 bit.

Michael

MSherak
08-08-2013, 03:14 PM
havenīt tried the dp filter out, until now actually, was about to see if I could get bloom streaks on waves.. or get a star filter on to hypervoxels or partigons.

http://dpont.pagesperso-orange.fr/plugins/nodes/DP_Filter.html#Bloom

tried through image processing but I donīt get any results at all, and the documentation of how to set it up seem to be absent.

anyone with a screen shot on how itīs suppose to be set up or a sample scene.

tried with lw 11.03 32 bit.

Michael

Make sure you add a pixel filter node. Then in the image filter use a render buffer node, bloom node and plug into the color.

-M

Triodin
08-08-2013, 03:45 PM
I'd love to get it working - I keep crashing on attempt to render. :(

prometheus
08-08-2013, 06:27 PM
Make sure you add a pixel filter node. Then in the image filter use a render buffer node, bloom node and plug into the color.

-M

Thanks but I canīt follow it properly, is the pixel node empty? and how is the auto render applied, I canīt find it in my drop down list, and also..how is that set up?
could you post the scene maybe?

Michael

MSherak
08-09-2013, 11:37 AM
This should help..

-M

prometheus
08-09-2013, 01:11 PM
This should help..

-M

Thanks...much appreciated.

I got tons of no node handler errors when loading the scene, which I suspect is due to the save of 11.6 scenefile format? Ivé opened it in lw 11.03 32 bit.
I skipped all those request..and rendered, and yes it renders with the bloom streaks, so it seems to work as it should.

I do wonder why it should be necessary to have pixelfilter added?, thereīs nothing in that node and turning it off will still let it render as it should.

I think I understand why I didnīt get any results when I tried it, you have to set the specularity very high in order for it to account for the bloom effect of course, thatīs probably
why I didnīt see any effect.
I will try it from scratch again.

Many Thanks Msherak

Michael

smartfury
02-20-2016, 11:27 AM
Hi all

bring this topic out of graveyard, I tested the scene provided, and I also have a crash on render when initiate the image filter. it seems there is something wrong somewhere.
any other ideas ?

Working on LW 2015.3 on Win10.

Cheers

dpont
02-20-2016, 01:03 PM
... I also have a crash on render when initiate the image filter. it seems there is something wrong somewhere.
any other ideas ?

Working on LW 2015.3 on Win10.

Doesn't crash here, DPFilter 2015 x64 and LW2015.3 Windows.

Denis.

smartfury
02-20-2016, 02:57 PM
mmm thanks for feedback...
So I have to investigate more :)

prometheus
02-20-2016, 09:05 PM
Ah..that was some years ago, tested with lw 11.03

now I got lw 2015.3..so I did a quick test, got error saying it misses the auto render...but otherwise it renders as it should..without crashing, tested in 32 bit.

but..I think I sorted all things out on how to do it... long time ago, never bumped back on it though.
But for those having crashes, not here on 2015.3, not yet anyway, but that is all randomly, 2015 has been the most unstable version I have encountered unfortunatly..or my configs are screwed up...or something else, but I get a lot of crashes with it..so it may happen just like that suddenly.

smartfury
02-21-2016, 03:04 AM
Hi

thanks for these precisions
I'm working on 64bit version by the way
it may explains that

anyway, I tried to us DP bloom, and I got lot of difficulties to set it up to get only bright parts to bloom...
Can we also limit the effect by objects ?

smartfury
02-21-2016, 04:19 AM
Hi again
ok after getting all the plugins to be in the real same configuration, I got random crashes too. I successfully seen some renders and somtime it crashed...
So... I will try with my own scene to see if I can get a setup working correctly

thanks for help

gerardstrada
02-24-2016, 09:56 PM
Can not reproduce the crash here on x64, but just in case, DP Node Pixel Filter is not necessary. Go just with DP Node Image Filter. For controlling better the bright parts to bloom you need to work in linear light with real contrast ratios. If you still need more control, you can use Mask Objects/Mask Surfaces nodes into DP Bloom's Mask input.

Gerardo