PDA

View Full Version : Motion Blur

digitized
11-12-2003, 02:14 PM
Well, I did a quick search and saw nothing along the lines of this (bear in mind it was a very quick search :P), so I'll ask now.

I'm the ultimate LW newbie, I have been through a fair few of the tutorials available here on NewTek, and started my own "atoms" render/scene. In the scene I am working on now, I have an atom nucleus sitting there, fairly still, so no motion blur on it. However, I have a number of electrons flying round the outside which will be quite blurred. The problem which I'm having is that I can't find a way to give certain objects motion blur, and others none, I can either just turn it on or off. Just as of yesterday, I couldnt even get motion blur to work full stop, I turn it on and the render comes out crisp and clean, no blur to be seen anywhere.
Another related problem is that if I manage to get blur on the electrons, it is just everywhere, rather than blurred in a certain direction that I specify.

If someone could point out for me how to do those things, that would be greatly appreciated :)

toby
11-12-2003, 02:47 PM
LW calculates motion blur by the position of each object in the previous frame, and you can't do it by object, it's a camera effect. You must have anti-aliasing on for it to work, uinless it's Vector blur.

digitized
11-12-2003, 02:55 PM
Ah, that makes complete sense. I'm not sure why motion blur won't work at the moment, I do have AA on, but I'm sure I can sort it out.
Is moving things in the different frames just a simple matter of place it in one frame, go to the next frame, and put it somewhere new? Or do I have to set up a motion path?

Thanks for the tip,

Sam

chilledaqua
11-20-2003, 12:04 PM
you need to have antialiasing on at least low for motion blur to work