This?
http://republicofpie.com/menu :D

pinkmouse
08-07-2013, 05:09 PM
Mmm, pie... :D

probiner
08-07-2013, 06:18 PM
pinkmouse
It's a radial menu that some 3D packages have.

I'm fine with the current menus, I don't fancy radial much. Some customization shortcut-like can be maintained, but what I would really appreciate is that each had a search field a bit like Houdini. Best of what we have now and Blender :)
For immediate easy shortcuts, pie menus are fine, I just think that when the number of commands gets big and very hierarchical, typing in is much faster than cascading.

http://static.dtuts.com/3d/tuts/other/ptex-workflow/20.jpg

Cheers

Chris S. (Fez)
08-08-2013, 04:15 AM
Pie menus in Modo allow tools/commands/scripts to be organized in a popup menu which can then be connected to a hot key. This allows for a fluid, gestural workflow when working. For instance, ctrl + spacebar pops up a menu like so:

Left Right

Bottom

For the sake of simplicity, I'm leaving out the other views (camera, perspective, front/back) in the menu. When a pie menu is actived you do not have to "click" on the Top button to switch to the top view. You merely have to gesture upward and then release. Or flick right and release for the Right view.

UnCommonGrafx
08-08-2013, 06:01 AM
How many of you have a Wacom tablet, with pies as part of the package, that actually use the function?

Lightwolf
08-08-2013, 06:09 AM
I've always wanted to have a pie menu that uses the numeric keypad (and mimics the layout), that gives you 8 options per level and, taking the "5" as back, the option to nest multiple levels as well.
Best of all, once could navigate directly to an entry using a number combination - which should be relatively simple to remember (especially compared to PINs, phone numbers, etc).

Cheers,
Mike

UnCommonGrafx
08-08-2013, 06:11 AM
I would like that, Mike, as it isn't mouse/pointer dependent.

Lightwolf
08-08-2013, 06:42 AM
I would like that, Mike, as it isn't mouse/pointer dependent.
Well, we've got two hands... might as well use them. ;)

Cheers,
Mike