PDA

View Full Version : Bidge a Square into a circle?

Tony3d
08-07-2013, 01:03 PM
Is it possible to bridge this square into this circle?

shermanlu
08-07-2013, 01:25 PM
Try Multiply> Skin~

Kuzey
08-07-2013, 01:26 PM
As long as the square and circle have the same number of points & more importantly, the same internal point order. That's why I duplicated a semi circle & changed it into a square as in the video...might be helpful.

https://vimeo.com/17960687

Tony3d
08-07-2013, 03:32 PM
Got it done with the skin tool. Thanks guys.

Snosrap
08-08-2013, 09:39 PM
Hard poly modeling again Tony? :) Hey another tool that can do this without giving you the Create Skin's sometimes messy result is Bezier Bridge from ArtsSphere. It works like LW's Bridge but has more features you can get it here:http://www.artssphere.com/plugins.php

Sekhar
08-08-2013, 10:15 PM
Yeah, Bezier Bridge is great. But I don't get it, unless you match the polys like Kuzey suggested (BTW, a simpler way could be to just join them like circles and then use the new Flatten to make one side into a square) I don't see how you can get anything useful out of either the skin tool or BB...both will look ugly and you can't do subd on them. Or may be that's the look Tony wanted.

Snosrap
08-08-2013, 10:32 PM
Yeah, Bezier Bridge is great. But I don't get it, unless you match the polys like Kuzey suggested I don't see how you can get anything useful out of either the skin tool or BB...both will look ugly and you can't do subd on them. Or may be that's the look Tony wanted. Tony is not a SubD modeler at the moment. :) With Bezier Bridge there seems to be no need to match point order or count. Just select the faces you want connected and run the tool. It even does weird stuff. :)

Sekhar
08-08-2013, 10:39 PM
Tony is not a SubD modeler at the moment. :) With Bezier Bridge there seems to be no need to match point order or count. Just select the faces you want connected and run the tool. It even does weird stuff. :)

Yes, it works great that way, but the transition is not smooth, nor are the sides...that's what I meant. If you map circle to circle and then flatten the other side, you get a smooth result like below with subd, which IMO is what you'd generally want. BTW, I joined the two circles here using Bezier Bridge, which again is great.

Snosrap
08-09-2013, 08:59 PM
Yes, it works great that way, but the transition is not smooth, nor are the sides...that's what I meant. Gotcha. :)