PDA

View Full Version : Skelegon Missing Tool Discussion - Lightwave 10.1

Rizwan
08-06-2013, 07:40 PM
While using the LightWave Modeler, the ‘tab’ for various tools – skelegons – keeps disappearing.

The tab “create skelegons” is usually found under “skelegon” in the LightWave Modeler. However, the “Create Skelegons,” “Edit Skelegons,” “Rotate Skelegons,” “Split Skelegons,” and “Rename Skelegons” tools have disappeared and all the Inverse Kinematics (IK) tools in LightWave Layout have also disappeared. They are not greyed out, but just gone.

However, the other tabs “Skelegon Tree” and “Selection” are visible and usable.

My dad and I have gone through the LightWave 10.1 manual and cannot find any information on how to recover the tools. There are no instructions or information in the manual or under the help section on this matter.

In the past, we were able to restore the skelegon and IK tools after we reinstalled Lightwave. This method worked for a little while, but two weeks ago, the tabs disappeared again. When we did a reinstall with the original LightWave disks after a complete uninstall, the problem remained unsolved.

nickdigital
08-06-2013, 10:12 PM
It sounds like your menus got messed up. You can go to Edit Menu Layout and manually add those buttons back or you could try one of the menu layout presets to restore those buttons. You'll also want to make sure that all your plugins have been successfully scanned in.

Areyos Alektor
08-09-2013, 07:35 PM
Have you cleared the configuration files ? LightWave will recreate it what will surely solve the problem. Another possibility : go to "Edit" / "Edit Menu Layout" / "Preset", choose a different preset and then return on the 10.1 Style.

Rizwan
08-12-2013, 10:45 PM
We uninstalled LightWave and then reinstalled it, this did not work.
Then we went to Edit>Edit Menu Layout we went all the available presets, but this did not work either. Can someone help me find the configuration files in LightWave version 10.1 on a MacOSX 10.7.5 Lion?

pinkmouse
08-13-2013, 02:21 AM
You need to go to your "username" home folder, then go to library/Application support/Newtec/Lightwave/"your LW version number" and you'll see a folder named configs. Drag it to trash and restart LW. If you can't see your library folder, you may need to unhide (http://appducate.com/2013/01/how-to-show-hidden-files-folders-on-your-mac/) it first.

Rizwan
08-13-2013, 10:12 PM
I really appreciate pinkmouse's help and suggestion the config files were hidden, after 'unhiding' all files we were able to locate the config files as recommended. Just letting you know, now LW wants me to get a new 'key'; and will not accept the old/original key which was provided by NewTek at the time of purchase. The software is now in "Discovery Edition Mode" . So I have to wait till I get a reply back; NewTek/LightWave does not have a useable phone number on its web site for Technical Support!!!

I have recommended to NewTek/Lightwave Support to include this issue of location/unhiding config files, and new 'key' requirements (required for a reinstall) under such situations, in the 'Help' and their LW Manuals. I hope they do that to help students like me & disabled people. I want to thank the LW Community for their kind help. ~ Rizwan

ThunderKathryn
08-06-2014, 09:24 PM
I'm having the same problem, but I'm afraid my key will go bad if I do what is suggested. did everything get cleaned up where it worked?

ThunderKathryn
08-06-2014, 09:25 PM
I'm having the same problem, but I'm afraid my key will go bad if I do what is suggested. did everything get cleaned up where it worked?