PDA

View Full Version : Xbox360 Kinect and Virtual Machines -> no good

Phil
08-06-2013, 03:20 PM
Microsoft, in their wisdom, have opted not to support the Xbox 360 Kinect under Virtual Machines. The regular Kinect for Windows is, though, supported.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/jj663795.aspx

Just in case any fellow Mac user was running Virtual Machines rather than BootCamp.....

CaptainMarlowe
08-08-2013, 12:40 PM
Thanks for the info. For me it's neither boot camp nor virtual machine. I still rather buy fastmocap tha having windows installed on my Mac. This said, not until I have a proper place to capture motions, which is not quite the case where my comuter is in my new house (still have the possibility to do that with my laptop in the garage, though).

Phil
08-09-2013, 05:28 PM
Well I've spent most of this week trying to see if I could get a Boot Camp install running. It's proved pretty much impossible - Apple disabled any booting from USB flash disks for Windows, it seems. Then I find that trying to force the issue with rEFIt or rEFInd results in a black screen and 'not a system disk'. Boot Camp doesn't work if you've removed your optical drive in your laptop, either. It just fails to work with external drives at all.

I then tried Winclone to migrate a Boot camp install from another machine, only to get a blue screen and instant reboot. It's not very amusing so far.