PDA

View Full Version : Maya cache channel support?

Extent
08-06-2013, 02:03 AM
How does CS determine which MC channel to map to a mesh? It doesn't appear to be matching by name, and there is no way to manually set a mapping that I can see in the interface or in the raw project file.

jasonwestmas
09-18-2013, 04:52 PM
You select the object and then load the point cache that is appropriate. After editing, select the object you wish to export the new cache from.

Extent
11-01-2013, 06:25 AM
Each maya "cache" supports an arbitrary number of channels of data, there doesn't appear to be any way to tell CS /which/ channel to read when a cache is applied to an object. On my current production for example the main character has 144 individual meshes ( because of :reasons: ) and those are all included in a single cache file. I was getting down to the point of hand writing CS project files to align all the meshes and cache channels required since CS obviously lacks the interface for dealing with this, but it doesn't even seem to have any concept of channel mappings so I can't even do it myself.

I just tried the Oct release and now it's crashing every time I try and apply a maya cache. I need to try it from a fresh clean sample export, but the changelogs don't look promising.