PDA

View Full Version : Looking for NevronMotion feedback

Rilokin
08-05-2013, 02:09 PM
Ok,
So I have been a lightwave user for several years as a hobbie, I can use photoshop, and illustrator really well, and recently purchased Zbrush which I am enjoying very much also. Of all the things I can do with these packages, rigging, and animating are the skills I lack the most. The biggest reason for that is, I simply haven't put much effort into it. So many things to learn, so little time :) .

Anyway, I would like to change that. I want to expand on my skills and be able to do everything, so that i can take full advantage of all my products, and make good stuff. I am wondering if the new NeveronMotion plugin is worthwhile? Will it fit good with someone who is just learning that process? Seeing it work with kinect really looks exciting bringing things to life! Does it really work with kinect that great? What kind of limitations are involved in the process?

Now I do understand the very basics of animating such as bones, weightmaps, and timelines etc. It's just I don't use it much, and haven't really learned it very well.

What are peoples thoughts, and experience on NeveronMotion?

JamesCurtis
08-06-2013, 05:33 PM
I'd recommend you check out the Nevron Motion sections that were added to the forum.

tcoursey
08-08-2013, 01:05 PM
Honestly it depends on your wants/needs. We jumped right on it after the fantastic demos at Siggraph. However my real world experience has not been great at all. It does "retarget" but only to the Nevron Rig that is supplied. (this may change not sure, it's a pre-release). The kinect motion capture actually seems "ok" and works pretty well but not any better (and in some cases not as good [thorough]) as other solutions I've seen. I personally have not been able to get a nevron rigged character retargeted to the Kinect skeleton. But that's just me, no manuals, tuts or anything yet. It's a pre-release again...

It's more of a beta that was sold reduced price IMO. But looks promising. I don't think it should be an additional "product" as it's quite limited in it's capabilities currently. Chronosculpt on the other hand (I have not used myself) is certainly a stand alone product.

I'm hoping for those that jumped in on the $199 to help LW3DG to continue development on this pre-release product so that it can be integrated into 12 with a full feature set.