PDA

View Full Version : Kinect Skeleton and LIVE Motion Capture - Lino help!

tcoursey
08-05-2013, 12:04 PM
Lino,

I as many others (based on forum conversations) are having difficulty getting the Nevron Motion with Kinect working properly. Specifically how it relates to the live motion capture on a character that was shown at Siggraph this year.

I know it's a pre-release and there is probably documentation coming soon. But a sticky on the forums would be great on the process needed (at min. the steps) to get a Kinect Skeleton to deform LIVE a character mesh.

There is something we are missing I'm sure. You guys always opened up a new scene at Siggraph so we couldn't follow your steps :)

Thanks for any input you have for those that jumped on and bought right away! :)

drako
08-05-2013, 12:39 PM
Try to find inside NM the Sample_Kinect_SKL0_RetargetedNoIK.lws and try to replace the null named Replace_Me_With_Your_Character with your model.
If you have fix your model fine thats it.Now everything works fine if your Kinect is properly installed.

tcoursey
08-05-2013, 12:53 PM
Try to find inside NM the Sample_Kinect_SKL0_RetargetedNoIK.lws and try to replace the null named Replace_Me_With_Your_Character with your model.
If you have fix your model fine thats it.Now everything works fine if your Kinect is properly installed.

ok, so when I replace my character yes there is some deforming that happens. I need to rearrange my bones I'm guessing because they don't match up exactly. Also my character even though she is facing the same way as the skeleton, her head and feet are backwards during deorming.

What parts do I re-arrange, the boxes at bone joints or the bones themselves? both?

tcoursey
08-05-2013, 01:03 PM
ok I figured out why the legs and such were backwards. I had mirroring on. Having mirroring on seems to get the RIGHT hand to be the RIGHT hand but wonks everything else out. hmm. Maybe that can be a fix in the future. I wouldn't want to have to ACT with my left hand to get my characters right hand to work properly?!?

Now if I could just get the deformations close, what should I reposition to get things aligned correctly?

Bax33
08-05-2013, 01:43 PM
tcoursey, don't know if you realized it, but there is a whole section in the forums now devoted to Nevron Motion. I didn't realize this until just a couple of days ago.

drako
08-05-2013, 01:52 PM
exactly as Bax33 said there you have more answers....

tcoursey
08-05-2013, 03:44 PM
ah yes, I see that now. Such a stark place at the moment. not many there yet. There are thousands of hits on several NM topics here. I bet not many know about the other location yet. I certainly did not. Thanks for pointing it out.