PDA

View Full Version : Maybe some Nodal Brain can help me

Hulk
08-04-2013, 10:06 AM
116104Hi,

Iīm actually diving into nodes and got stuck with a problem I canīt seem to solve. Maybe someone can help me out.

I wanna rebuild a nodal image wall for practicing with nodes.

I modeled a triangle, instanced it 8 by 8 times and let it rotate based on a null.
I wanna map a different image on each side.

On the Front Side I did it by Hand and mapped the image according to the instance id and did a manual offset for each instance. (Pain in the ***)
On the left side I tried doing it with the logic node and it worked for the first column but I canīt get all the parts.

Maybe someone knows how to do it or can push me in a useful direction.

Thx.

Bytehawk
08-04-2013, 11:34 PM
make one big image map with all your images tiled one after the other, like a film strip.
uv offset based on instance number, maybe with some math thrown in between to make it work.

it's monday, need coffee, hope this helps you along.

Hulk
08-05-2013, 01:08 AM
Thanks for your reply. Maybe I was hoping there was a more elegant way to do it. That Lightwave would be able to slice up the image into x parts and distribute the slices over the instances.
So If you would change the tiling (number of instances) it would automatically generate the new slicing. But maybe thatīs too much asked of the program.

Bytehawk
08-05-2013, 03:46 AM
that's possible, that 's the math thing thrown in between i was talking about. Use a gradient set to repeat maybe?

Hulk
08-05-2013, 05:29 AM
That math thing is where my brain gets overboard ^^

Bytehawk
08-07-2013, 03:17 AM
maybe the Sticky Front UV Node http://www.db-w.com/products/dbwtools/docs?start=1 at the bottom of the page might be usefull?

Hulk
08-09-2013, 02:58 AM
Thanks four your help Bytehawk but I think I will try another approach (less dynamic).
I will clone all the pieces in modeler and uv texture all side already in there.

Hulk
08-22-2013, 11:53 AM
I finally had the time to work on it again and this is what I came up with.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eQtF4LhlNAA&feature=youtu.be

Nodes are great fun. I will definetely spent more time on them.

If anyone is interested in the Scene Iīm happy to share and would be glad if someone with more node experience
would have a look at it and maybe refine it.

Thanks again fro your input Bytehawk!