PDA

View Full Version : send to AE problem.



eblu
08-01-2013, 03:09 PM
send to AE up till today has been something to like about LW. currently running 11.5

looking for troubleshooting help on this one.

in LW, the playback rate used to be 24, but during the project was switched to 30 fps. the render works just fine, but when I "send to AE" with the camera (the only moving object in the animation) the camera animation is output in 24 fps, to a 30 fps comp. it is out of sync with the animation.

every single frame of the 900 frame comp gets a key, and those keys are running slower than the comp. so they only actually cover roughly 721 frames of animation coming over from LW. this is a rough approximation of course... the point is, even if I get the keys scaled right... I'm still missing a ton of keys at the end!!!!

is this a bug? is there some OTHER step that's necessary to tell LW that it should be exporting a 30 fps set of channels?

eblu
08-01-2013, 03:11 PM
simple math has me trying to output 1110 frames to ae, and scaling by hand. But this is stupid. I want answers for this one.

eblu
08-01-2013, 03:18 PM
oh... look at that. it's not working at all. the camera doesn't lock at all. I think I've discovered a bug. nulls, which don't move, are not locking. so that's more than just an fps problem.

Ma3rk
08-01-2013, 05:25 PM
I'd start fresh & confirm that both your LW scene and AE project are set to the same frame rate before doing anything. In other words, create a new comp in AE first with it's settings matching LW before sending anything. I think AE simply creates a new comp using the last settings rather then conforming to LW's scene.

eblu
08-02-2013, 09:19 PM
ma3rk, I started out with an empty AE project, and the LW script made the comp. point is, it set the fps to 30 in the AE comp. it wasn't me, i.e.: i did not have differing frame rates between LW and AE. this was something else.

this problem, at first, seemed to be a simple frame rate problem due to switching the frame rate of the LW scene file... a switch done days prior to outputting to AE. But the more i dug into it, the more I found other problems. In short the camera in AE sort of moved like it did in LW, but there was a weird accumulated error, which had nulls locked at the beginning, and not at the end.

I started from scratch. no problems whatsoever.

I wonder who at newtek can i send the bill to.