PDA

View Full Version : Classic Mech Warrior

benedict_ilagan
07-31-2013, 11:42 PM
Updating it's texture Mech Warrior design of 90s.
Hope you like it..!!!

open for any comments
thanks

50one
08-01-2013, 01:01 AM
Updating it's texture Mech Warrior design of 90s.
Hope you like it..!!!

open for any comments
thanks

Looks great!...but..:) there's too much DOF in the scene so it's looking like a miniature and to be honest Serif font doesn't really match your illustration, i would rather do the text smaller with some nicer font, if you don't want to spend time creating your own font, justgo to dafont and pick any of the free ones from them and edit to taste, just asuggestion:thumbsup:

VermilionCat
08-01-2013, 06:33 AM
I once fell in love with MW2 back in the 90s. Looks great but too much DOF and some careful thoughts on composition(I personally like to get closer and look up the mech) could be improve the look!

Dexter2999
08-01-2013, 07:22 AM
When they say "too much DOF", I think it is because when you have that much blurred area around the point of focus you are getting that effect like in shooting a fine model with a Macro lens. They used a similar effect a few years back for simulating a stop motion miniature look by applying a blur around the outside of a wide shot and applying this to video footage that had a time lapse effect applied.

DOF in and of itself isn't your enemy. It just needs to be used in the proper composition and in this case I think your shot composition and choice of DOF are at odds.

I like the environment. Something seems a little off with the lighthing. Nothing major, just enough to trigger my "Spidey-sense".

Good job overall. Nice picture.

50one
08-01-2013, 08:12 AM
I once fell in love with MW2 back in the 90s. Looks great but too much DOF and some careful thoughts on composition(I personally like to get closer and look up the mech) could be improve the look!

I used to play MW3 like mad, back in '98 I think, it rocked. Core overheated! Shutdown initiated. :D sounds like Core marketing campaign...haha.

benedict_ilagan
08-01-2013, 08:53 AM
Thanks guys really appreciate for all your comments and observations and did for purpose.
And Here's the updated just to pleased your sense and curiosity..!!!

(click link below and under my 3D character-3D Models) enjoy!!!
http://www.coroflot.com/benedict_ilagan

Cheers!!

VermilionCat
08-06-2013, 07:44 AM
I used to play MW3 like mad, back in '98 I think, it rocked. Core overheated! Shutdown initiated. :D sounds like Core marketing campaign...haha.

Hehe. Yeah, it was such fun :)

nemofish
08-06-2013, 10:12 PM
Looking good,I wanna see more details of that Mech Warrior.

benedict_ilagan
08-07-2013, 09:04 PM
Looking good,I wanna see more details of that Mech Warrior.

sure, i'll soon post another view. placing more assets like rack lifter, messy wirings (placed on ceilngs), robotic arms, controller consoles etc.