PDA

View Full Version : NevronMotion and custom rigs.

ben martin
07-31-2013, 01:09 PM
Hi,

I just got a copy of NevronMotion.
Apparently this plugin does not work with custom made rigs, it only re-targets mocap data to Lino's provided rig?
Is this right?
Can't I use my own characters custom made rigs to receive mocap-data?

djlithium
07-31-2013, 02:31 PM
It should be able to do this in the future, if not now. Right now there are two rigs in the package, the kinect rig and the nevron motion default rig. Don't panic. I would hope it does this now. I haven't had any time to do the retargeting stuff just yet. I'v been too busy playing with the kinect functionality. :)

khan973
07-31-2013, 02:43 PM
iT SHOULD WORK as long as the bones match. They don't have tp match by name as you have the "Get Sel" which will get the corresponding bone you have selected.
I'll try that but I don't see why it wouldn't work.

ben martin
07-31-2013, 02:55 PM
iT SHOULD WORK as long as the bones match.

Hi,

I did that to my rig.
I renamed my custom rig bones to match the NevronMotion names convention.
It didn't work. Let me know if you have better luck. Tkx.

ben martin
07-31-2013, 02:57 PM
Hi hope so buddy. I really do, else this plug is not of much use to me since I have my characters prepared with custom rigs and weight-maps assigned to them.

Spinland
07-31-2013, 03:09 PM
At least on the Genoma side, I asked about that and Lino said a Genoma Nevron preset was in the works. In the context of how I asked the question you should be able also to modify/add to the preset for custom rigs and still use them. I hope to hear more details when Lino gets back from his trip.

lino.grandi
07-31-2013, 03:25 PM
I'm working on the Genoma version of the Nevron rig, and it's really near to be finished (should be available during the first days of next week).

About retargeting a custom rig, that is not something doable at the moment.

For the retargeting to work, you need to rig your character using the NevronMotion rig.

We'll work on an alternate workflow, so retargeting any custom character will be possible (if not in NevronMotion1.0, in one of the next updates).

Thank you for the feedback!

Ben, if you can share your rig with me, I will be very happy to make so it can be used with NevronMotion.

ben martin
07-31-2013, 04:39 PM
Hi Lino.

Thanks for the help offer.
I'll PM you about this.

lino.grandi
07-31-2013, 04:45 PM
Please use my email: [email protected]

Thanks!

ben martin
07-31-2013, 05:08 PM
At least on the Genoma side, I asked about that and Lino said a Genoma Nevron preset was in the works. In the context of how I asked the question you should be able also to modify/add to the preset for custom rigs and still use them. I hope to hear more details when Lino gets back from his trip.
Thanks Spinland. I'm in touch with Lino regarding that Genoma rig.
For now, I guess I'll have to do something like you suggest to get my mocap work.

Cheers.

Phil
07-31-2013, 07:25 PM
Ouch. So even the mocap oriented Genoma rig isn't viable for retargeting? That's a major oversight in the design of the plugin and I'm surprised and rather disappointed to see that limitation.

Burchigb
07-31-2013, 07:30 PM
Lino,
Looking forward to the Tut on how to use the Kinect with Lightwave

lino.grandi
08-01-2013, 06:42 AM
Ouch. So even the mocap oriented Genoma rig isn't viable for retargeting? That's a major oversight in the design of the plugin and I'm surprised and rather disappointed to see that limitation.

Please, can you clarify this?

The old mocap oriented Genoma rig works with MotionBuilder (or similar software). The new Genoma Nevron rig is more powerful and perfect to be used with NevronMotion.

Videos coming next week (with the new Genoma/Nevron rig and an update of NevronMotion).

Phil
08-01-2013, 09:05 AM
Please, can you clarify this?

The old mocap oriented Genoma rig works with MotionBuilder (or similar software). The new Genoma Nevron rig is more powerful and perfect to be used with NevronMotion.

Videos coming next week (with the new Genoma/Nevron rig and an update of NevronMotion).

Well, I set up a whole bunch of assets with the MoBu related Genoma rig and currently run them through IKinema, which works really well and really doesn't appear to impose peculiar standards regarding target rig or motion capture data.

For NevronMotion, though, it seems that you're telling me that these existing, numerous assets won't be usable as-is with the NevronMotion retargeting (now or in the future), so I would need to go back and invest hours of effort into re-rigging these for NevronMotion. That's...disappointing and I'm hoping that I simply misunderstand.

Otherwise, I'll be retargeting in IKinema for the foreseeable future because of the amount of work involved in re-rigging all of these assets that would be specific to NevronMotion.

lino.grandi
08-01-2013, 11:12 AM
Well, I set up a whole bunch of assets with the MoBu related Genoma rig and currently run them through IKinema, which works really well and really doesn't appear to impose peculiar standards regarding target rig or motion capture data.

For NevronMotion, though, it seems that you're telling me that these existing, numerous assets won't be usable as-is with the NevronMotion retargeting (now or in the future),

They're not usable now, but they will in a very close future.

so I would need to go back and invest hours of effort into re-rigging these for NevronMotion. That's...disappointing and I'm hoping that I simply misunderstand.

Rigging a character using the Nevron Rig takes very little time. You can adapt the skeleton in less than a minute, and simply re assign any weight map (if any).

Of course we're working on a workflow that will let users retarget any hierarchy to any other, with no limitations, as I already stated.

stevecullum
08-04-2013, 06:45 AM

Looking forward to these updates! :)

CaptainMarlowe
08-04-2013, 02:10 PM

Rigging a character using the Nevron Rig takes very little time. You can adapt the skeleton in less than a minute, and simply re assign any weight map (if any).

Of course we're working on a workflow that will let users retarget any hierarchy to any other, with no limitations, as I already stated.

I Lino. How do you assign weight maps in Layout on the character after adapting the skeleton ? I didn't manage to do that. I must miss something.
Looking forward to using a neuron-motion friendly genoma rig, though.

- - - Updated - - -

I Lino. How do you assign weight maps in Layout on the character after adapting the skeleton ? I didn't manage to do that. I must miss something.

- - - Updated - - -

tcoursey
08-07-2013, 04:43 PM
Hi,

I did that to my rig.
I renamed my custom rig bones to match the NevronMotion names convention.
It didn't work. Let me know if you have better luck. Tkx.

Ben, did you ever get your retargeting to work? I have not been successful either. Thanks.