PDA

View Full Version : Nevronmotion problem with kinect sensor...

drako
07-31-2013, 08:29 AM
hey guys
i have a question about nevromotion.Can anyone tell me which kinect camera i have to use for the
virtual studio.I have connected my brothers kinect sensor from xbox 360 but in the device manager the
status shows me stopped.What i did wrong, any tip?Did i use wrong Kinect sensor?
PLEASE HELP

tcoursey
07-31-2013, 09:08 AM
So you see the Kinect sensor in the device manager but it is "stopped"? That should mean that LW sees the kinect correctly. I'm guessing you have the drivers all setup on windows?

If so, you just need to click on the blank ENABLE box then a checkbox will appear. I know so intuitive, not a button that says active/enable or a checkbox that is blank right! lol.

that should get it going. Then you can click on the OPEN... box under settings column and it will bring up the visuals of what your kinect is seeing plus some settings. Hope that helps!

Also you will need to rename the kinect to "Kinect_A" for it to work the Kinect_Skeleton once loaded. The default NAME is some device ID or something...go figure.

PeterJ
07-31-2013, 09:17 AM
You have to use the Kinect for windows SDK not the Runtime if you are going to use any 360 Kinects on a PC.
The runtime has Primesense drivers that will not work with Xbox 360 Kinectcs.
Remove ALL Primesense drivers from you PC before installing the SDK. Even the ones in the driver file repository.
If you dont, every time you plug in the Kinect it will load the Primesense drivers EVEN if you have removed the
Runtime and installed the SDK.
If you need any help with that I can tell you what to do.

Peter

drako
07-31-2013, 09:33 AM
i did all that but the enable box is ticked buthe status showed stopped.
i did notice that kinect blinking always.I can t understand.
thanks a lot tcoursey

drako
07-31-2013, 10:15 AM
PeterJ i will try right now thanks man.....

drako
07-31-2013, 12:48 PM
ok with the sdk with a simple 360 kinect works fine in the viewer.I even see the skeletons,
but i cant start working live with the kinect_skeleton.Any tip a tut maybe.
How can i start working the kinect with nevromotion

drako
07-31-2013, 01:53 PM
ok guys everything works great and i start playing with this marvel...