PDA

View Full Version : Nevron Kinect and capture video view

allabulle
07-31-2013, 03:08 AM
So I bought the NevronMotion plug-in and a Kinect for Windows. I installed both. It seems to work fine but, how do you see the video capture with the skeleton?

It works just fine, but I can't seem to view the video captured with the Kinect along with the skeleton on top like in the Siggraph demonstrations. What am I doing wrong? Any tips?

Thanks in advance.

PS: I imagine once Lino comes back to the forums and the development and documentation evolve everything will be addressed and explained, but meanwhile I'd like to try it on my own. So there you go.

allabulle
07-31-2013, 10:22 AM
OK, I finally figure it out. One must click on the third row of the Device Manager, called Settings, the 'Open...' button. I thought that was merely informative because clearly I need more sleep. Sorry if I bothered too much here. If any other idiot is having the same issue, now you know why and, more important that that, you know you are not alone. :)

Samus
07-31-2013, 03:46 PM
Hi Allabulle , Do you need an X-Box 360, or jus the Kinect??
And by that the x-box Kinect or Pc version of Kinect?

Thanks !

GraphXs
07-31-2013, 09:47 PM
Both work with it.

allabulle
08-01-2013, 05:51 AM
Hi Samus, as GraphXs said, both the Kinect for Windows and Kinect for XBox are supposed to work fine. The Kinect for Windows is the officially supported, though. Since I didn't have any, I just bought the Kinect for Windows and get done with it. I suspect I paid extra for the sake of it, but I wouldn't want to bother and had the money.

About the XBox, it will only distract you from doing 3D work (or fun) in LightWave. You don't need it at all, I mean.