PDA

View Full Version : How to properly use the NEVRON RIG?

tcoursey
07-30-2013, 10:00 PM
How does one use the nevron rig? What I have done is imported my model, use that as a go-by to move/rotate around the rig so that it will match the geometry. Then I REPLACE the NULL (that says replace me :) ) with my model. But when I do that the geometry get's a bit wonky. I'm not familiar with how to rest bones,why etc..etc.. Anyone with some guidance? The more details one can give the better.

Lewis
07-31-2013, 12:44 AM
did you hit Retarget button ?

Bart
07-31-2013, 04:14 AM
Well I am a Lightwave hobbyist and this is my process, it works.
Okay what you have done is correct however before you activate the Nevron skeleton you will find certain sections (bones) of the nevron skeleton are able to be altered. Around the head for example at the beginning of the bone there are small circles, (go in close). You can adjust the heads bones to your models dimensions by clicking on these small circles and adjusting them. If you try to adjust the bigger orbs you can get distortion around the head, so remember the little circles on the head bones.
Certain other areas are adjustable by clicking the orbs and readjusting. ( Remember some will distort the model, but you will learn)
Once you have adjusted your skeleton to the model hit ACTIVATE NEVRON.
It took me a while to learn but I am going great guns at the moment with attaching the model to the Nevron skeleton, and don,t forget your weight maps. Maybe not essential while your learning but essential after you learn.
Anyway hope this helps, as I said it works great for me now. I also worked out how to attach the BVH_FBX motion, but lets see if you get the Nevron skeleton going first.

How does one use the nevron rig? What I have done is imported my model, use that as a go-by to move/rotate around the rig so that it will match the geometry. Then I REPLACE the NULL (that says replace me :) ) with my model. But when I do that the geometry get's a bit wonky. I'm not familiar with how to rest bones,why etc..etc.. Anyone with some guidance? The more details one can give the better.

- - - Updated - - -

Well I am a Lightwave hobbyist and this is my process, it works.
Okay what you have done is correct however before you activate the Nevron skeleton you will find certain sections (bones) of the nevron skeleton are able to be altered. Around the head for example at the beginning of the bone there are small circles, (go in close). You can adjust the heads bones to your models dimensions by clicking on these small circles and adjusting them. If you try to adjust the bigger orbs you can get distortion around the head, so remember the little circles on the head bones.
Certain other areas are adjustable by clicking the orbs and readjusting. ( Remember some will distort the model, but you will learn)
Once you have adjusted your skeleton to the model hit ACTIVATE NEVRON.
It took me a while to learn but I am going great guns at the moment with attaching the model to the Nevron skeleton, and don,t forget your weight maps. Maybe not essential while your learning but essential after you learn.
Anyway hope this helps, as I said it works great for me now. I also worked out how to attach the BVH_FBX motion, but lets see if you get the Nevron skeleton going first.

UnCommonGrafx
07-31-2013, 04:33 AM
Chuckle,
Thanks for the tips. How'd you find that Activate command? Good find.

tcoursey
07-31-2013, 07:05 AM
Yes I was using the larger orbs to move the bones/joints around. So if some will distort the model and I will learn, what exactly will I learn :) How to move them and not distort the model, or not to move those? If I don't move them how do I get the skeleton to arrange for my particular t-pose. The Nevron Skeleton is very rigid in it's t-pose. I wish it was similar to a standard t-pose.

Do you know what the Activate button does exactly? And where can I find it?

I guess I understand everything you've said, but that is basically what I've been doing I think. I'll see if moving the smaller circles helps.

sukardi
07-31-2013, 06:50 PM
I have been trying to follow the above discussion but could not really make much out of it. I have managed to retarget bvh to the nevron skeleton but have no idea how to bind my characters to the skeleton.

If anyone has managed to get it to work, would really appreciate if you can explain the following:

1. What are the steps to bind a character mesh to the nevron skeleton?
2. Which of the orbs need to be rotated and which ones can be translated?
3. Do we need to paint any weight maps/ what are the names of those weight maps?
4. I have found the activate_nevron_bones (search in the plugin list). Can we deactivate the bones as well?

I apologise if the above has been answered somewhere. Would really appreciate the link to it.

Thanks