PDA

View Full Version : 11.6 - Color Picker

BigHache
07-30-2013, 06:18 PM
Has anyone installed 11.6 on a machine with user restrictions? I have 11.6 installed at home and so far no problem. At work I don't have admin rights and when I click on the color picker I get an error message (forgive me not at work at the moment but I can get exact wording tomorrow): Plug-in lwcolorpickr is missing. Would you like to load it from disk?

No other plug-in seems to missing. The only reason I mention admin rights is I do come across odd little bits that don't work right because of this. Just trying to narrow the issue down to either solve or file an accurate bug report if necessary.

proprioception
08-04-2013, 08:19 AM
I have the same issue and I was logged on as administrator when I did the installation. I am going to attempt an overlay install. Also, I am having the issue with the 64 bit version.

Waves of light
08-04-2013, 09:12 AM
I have had issues with LW11.6 and using configs from a previous install. This caused the same issue, except it was looking for $default (the default picker). Matt jumped in and told us that it was issues resulting in using old configs.

I also had issues in the past, whereby the config files were not getting written too, because LW wasn't being run as Administrator (or with administrator rights).

Are you able to run your works version of LW layout and, once past the lwcolorpickr missing prompts, are you able to press D and select 'Lightwave' from the Colour Picker menu in the General tab? Then exit and reload Layout.

EDIT: If you look at your configs for 11.5 (or 11.5.1) you will see that the Lightwave colour picker registers a value of 'LW_ColrPikr' or '$default' for the 'ColorPickerServer' entry. On a fresh install of LW11.6 it's $LightWaveColorPicker or '$default.

proprioception
08-04-2013, 11:08 AM
Your suggestion worked for me. It is interesting to note that I had the issue as an administrator on a 64 bit system, but not on my 32 bit system. I assume it is exactly as you stated, an issue with the configuration file. Thanks for the help. I really wanted to be able to continue to LW 11.6 on my 64 bit system.

JohnMarchant
08-04-2013, 01:05 PM
Anyone try to load in .jcl libraries from Jovian, ive tried and everytime LW crashes

Ma3rk
08-05-2013, 11:46 AM
Anyone try to load in .jcl libraries from Jovian, ive tried and everytime LW crashes

Hmmm. Worked fine for me. Did have an issue of LW not retaining them but think that resolved itself. I do have the stand alone version of Jovian as well so not sure if there's a possible config conflict.

BigHache
08-05-2013, 05:04 PM
Are you able to run your works version of LW layout and, once past the lwcolorpickr missing prompts, are you able to press D and select 'Lightwave' from the Colour Picker menu in the General tab? Then exit and reload Layout.

I got my IT guy to log in as admin and we installed for all users. This worked. I previously tried selecting the lwcolorpickr in the Prefs but it didn't allow me.