PDA

View Full Version : Is there a way to compost a video onto a surface in the foreground of another video?

alexjose
07-30-2013, 05:25 PM
What I'm trying to do is play a video I shot on a camera on the screen of my 3d iPhone while the iPhone moves around. Can I do this? Does anyone know how? Thanks!

nickdigital
07-30-2013, 05:27 PM
Yeah, you'd have to track the footage to your camera. After Effects would be good for this.

alexjose
07-30-2013, 05:55 PM
thanks! Do you know of any tutorials on how to do this?

djwaterman
07-30-2013, 07:03 PM
The old school method was to load an image sequence into the texture map of the iPhone's screen, that's the all in the render solution without compositing. Or you render out a separate pass of the screen and then composite that.

If you want to see a tute of sorts about doing it with after effects, go to the 3rd party page on the LW site and look at AELink, that demonstrate the process using his plugin, so it gives you a general idea of how to approach it. Ofcourse the later versions of LW have a EfterEffects link plugin built it.

nickdigital
07-30-2013, 10:30 PM
The AE plugin Trackerviz is perfect for this type of work.
http://aescripts.com/trackerviz/

dwburman
07-30-2013, 10:55 PM
If you want the phone screen to show what it's camera would be seeing there is a surface shader that comes with LightWave named CCTV for that. You'd set up a camera about where your cell phone camera would be and tell the CCTV shader to use that new camera.

I don't know if that's what you're after, but thought I'd mention it in case it was. :)

Areyos Alektor
08-09-2013, 08:05 PM
All depends on what you are looking to do : If you want to embed a video in the screen of a phone in movement the better is filming the phone turned off, to use Mocha for Planar Tracking (in After Effects), and to add the reflection from above the overlay by simply using your screen off ;)

http://www.imagineersystems.com/videos?tagFilter=mocha+AE&sortBy=Newest

tyrot
09-24-2013, 06:44 PM
hey dave - thanks for the tip- i couldnt remember CCTV shader ALL DAY!