PDA

View Full Version : Best practice for installing upgrade

pinkmouse
07-30-2013, 01:55 PM
So, I've got 11.5.1 installed, and I want to upgrade to the 11.6 beta. What's best practise, leave 11.5.1 as is and just install the new version as well? Or do a complete clear out of all old versions first? Do I have to reset all my preferences? Or does 11.6 just do all this stuff automatically?

Didn't have this problem with 11.5 to 11.5.1 as that was the demo version, and I didn't have anything worth keeping, so just wiped the lot first before installing the paid for 11.5.1.

Thanks in advance!

Phil
07-30-2013, 02:09 PM
Each version runs in isolation, so you shouldn't need to do anything. 11.6 won't see your config files or settings from 11.5.x, either. If you have customized keys, menus, etc. you will need to export those settings out (see the documentation about how to do that).

3rd party plugins can need some special planning. I keep all 3rd party plugins in a separate folder and just add them from there manually (I'm actually not trusting of autoscan plugins (the default setting), for historical reasons that are probably unjustified these days).

pinkmouse
07-30-2013, 03:40 PM
Thanks Phil, installed fine. Now just trying to find and move all my presets and suchlike. :)