PDA

View Full Version : Attention! 3d model sellers - the crooks.

intssed
07-30-2013, 04:41 AM
http://model-copy.ru
My client to ease my work, found a ready-made 3D ​​model.
After registration and payment model for a week preparing for dispatch.
After one and and half weeks seller responded that ​​model preparing for shipping.
After two weeks seller no longer respond.

Kuzey
07-30-2013, 04:45 AM
I think that the .ru extension might have been a clue as to their trustworthiness?

khan973
07-30-2013, 05:12 AM
@kuzey, not fair to imply people in Russia can't be trusted :s
It can happen anywhere unfortunately.

Kuzey
07-30-2013, 05:21 AM
@kuzey, not fair to imply people in Russia can't be trusted :s
It can happen anywhere unfortunately.

True and not what I meant...sorry to imply otherwise.

This whole domain extension thing freaks me out. Every time I'm not on a .com site I feel like it's a scam & run as fast as I can.

I guess I'm not used to it yet.

khan973
07-30-2013, 06:26 AM
Oh, I get it. I think it's no big deal as long as you pay with Paypal or your credit card, most baks offer an insurance for online frauds and Paypal is really good in that regard too.
I've bought from .nl, .pl, .co.uk, .fr and so on with no problems. Its just the people behind who can be problematic ^^

Kuzey
07-30-2013, 06:48 AM
Especially if they had an original .com domain & then updated/duplicated it with the new dot extension..that really screams scam to me.

Anyway..sorry for the offtopicness :)

khan973
07-30-2013, 07:07 AM
Well, not to me, i work in the web industry and it's pretty common to buy multiple domain names to have better referencing and to be sure others don't buy your domain name or a similar one.
French commpanies often have their .fr, and .com and sometimes a .tv too.
Anyways, I don't trip when I use my credit card, there is a insurance for that ;)