PDA

View Full Version : So, How Do I Hire 3D Freelancers?

fuzzynormal
07-29-2013, 09:06 PM
I got a commercial production coming up in mid-august where I need some pre-made 3D arena models to be animated into shot footage for a sports promo I'm directing. I'm new here, but hoping to catch some leads from the LW community. Would love to hire three or four folks to help out in this work via freelance. I'm working with a CG budget in the mid/low-5-zeros, so I think it would be semi-lucrative for a short term gig.

Can anyone offer me advice where I should post job offers like that? Be it here or other website across the intertubes?

Cheers,
Matt

nickdigital
07-29-2013, 09:31 PM
There's a job section in the forum. You could post there. But considering you just kinda did here, all you need to leave now is for how people can get in touch with you.

fuzzynormal
07-29-2013, 10:52 PM
There's a job section in the forum. You could post there. But considering you just kinda did here, all you need to leave now is for how people can get in touch with you.

Will do. It's a heck of a long forum list and after you sent me there I eventually found it. Thanks!

But aside from that, I was also wondering if there's an alternative location out there as well that I should consider for freelancers?

nickdigital
07-29-2013, 10:56 PM
Craigslist?

I'm not sure about other sites. I know some charge a fee to post a job listing.

TBH you'll probably get a lot of interest here as a start. A lot of people are looking for work, especially if it's one that actually pays and isn't more stress than its worth.

If you can post more details about your gig that'd help. That way you can get qualified applicants.

fuzzynormal
07-29-2013, 11:01 PM
Alrighty. I'll lay down more details in that job section and see what folks think about it. I don't think it's a terribly difficult gig. Skilled people are needed, but it's not wildly ambitious stuff.

rustythe1
07-30-2013, 04:55 AM
You can also try sites like freelancer and elance, both have dedicated design and 3d sections

Surrealist.
07-30-2013, 03:38 PM
CG Talk has a job section.