PDA

View Full Version : Kinect Motion to Genoma Rig???

tcoursey
07-29-2013, 09:56 AM
I like many others jumped on the Nevron Motion plugin In it's PRE RELEASE format. I have not been able to get a retarget of my Kinect Skeleton to map correctly (at all) to my genoma Motion Capture Skeleton. Anyone with some help? Lino????

In the sigraph videos/streams Lino always opened up a NEW scene when they wanted to show the live motion on a rigged character. There must be some setups that would take longer than a few clicks with the retarget dialog....otherwise why not show/demo that?

Please anyone.... :)

Spinland
07-29-2013, 11:41 AM
In another thread Lino said there would be a Genoma preset for Nevron coming soon.

tcoursey
07-29-2013, 01:34 PM
In another thread Lino said there would be a Genoma preset for Nevron coming soon.
hmm....ok. I wonder how they were doing all their demos at Sigraph. They kept showing things off, but opening a brand new scene and didn't ever change any settings, so those were already setup some how.

Are you working with Nevron/Kinect plugin yet Spinland?

I simply want to rig up characters with Genoma, and then attach quick and dirty Nevron/Kinect motions to those characters.

Spinland
07-29-2013, 01:41 PM
I've installed it but haven't yet had time to play with it--and I don't have a Kinect camera yet. I jumped on the discounted price now but I won't be needing mocap for a gig for a while. I do plan to experiment with the retargeting of some stock mocap files to a couple of my character rigs but again, no time right now. I understand there are numerous naming issues you have to resolve when retargeting, but the info is scattered haphazardly across various threads here and I don't have a coherent picture yet of the actual process. As you note, the SigGraph demos lack key step outlines.

There will assuredly be actual documentation coming down the pike, along with the full content package and whatever refinements they're still adding to the plugin.

tcoursey
07-29-2013, 02:21 PM
I've installed it but haven't yet had time to play with it--and I don't have a Kinect camera yet. I jumped on the discounted price now but I won't be needing mocap for a gig for a while. I do plan to experiment with the retargeting of some stock mocap files to a couple of my character rigs but again, no time right now. I understand there are numerous naming issues you have to resolve when retargeting, but the info is scattered haphazardly across various threads here and I don't have a coherent picture yet of the actual process. As you note, the SigGraph demos lack key step outlines.

There will assuredly be actual documentation coming down the pike, along with the full content package and whatever refinements they're still adding to the plugin.
Agree on all accounts. Hope my pre-release purchse helps them kick things into gear :). I'm sure it was meant to give them a surge of income. Many bought, now we need full product with full features... :)

khan973
07-29-2013, 02:21 PM
I got my Nevron Motion rig working correctly with Kinect skeleton. I just retargetted with the Kinect preset in Nevron Motion.

tcoursey
07-29-2013, 06:31 PM
I got my Nevron Motion rig working correctly with Kinect skeleton. I just retargetted with the Kinect preset in Nevron Motion.
So you used the Nevron RIG and then retargeted the Kinect skeleton? Is there an easy "Create Rig" like genoma for the Nevron Skeleton...not good/experienced at rigging/weight maps etc..etc..