PDA

View Full Version : Question about the new Modeler 11.6 "Edit Edges" command and the Extrude Command

wtdedula
07-28-2013, 04:13 PM
Hello All;
I am running through a tutorial and am building something where I need to add some Loop Cuts and then I need to slide them around the geometry.

I tried the "Edit Edges" command with a subdivided box which I shaped a little and it seemed to work great. Awesome tool that we needed for a long time. It would help if it had a

Then I extrude four of the polygons of that box and then try to loop cut again and "Edit Edges" no longer works on the entire loop and will now only work on a edge between two verticies. I've tried this three times and get the exact same result each time.

Is there a particular behavior of "Edit Edges" that causes it not to work on extruded geometry and if so, is there a workaround ? Thanks.

Tim

Amurrell
08-02-2013, 04:25 PM
More than likely there are internal faces at the base of the extruded geometry, so edit edges may be getting confused. Get rid of those extra polys and it should be fine. To extrude faces from an object and not have this problem, use bevel or multishift since they don't leave behind those irritating extra faces.