PDA

View Full Version : Instancing and Hypervoxels in LW 11.6

DonJMyers
07-28-2013, 11:31 AM
When instancing an object with hypervoxels on it the hypervoxels don't instance do they? Waaaa! I wanted to take a single, fuzzy virus made of hypervoxeled points and make a lot of them. It didn't work. Only the polys instances. Searched regular and beta forums and didn't find answer.

:(

NOW I DON"T HAVE VIRUSES!

prometheus
07-29-2013, 05:19 AM
nope, you can instance objects with hypervoxels on them, use all ordinary particles for that.

Michael

DonJMyers
07-29-2013, 11:29 AM
nope, you can instance objects with hypervoxels on them, use all ordinary particles for that.

Michael

Hmm, I'm confused Prometheus. I find your response as puzzling as the plot to the movie PROMETHEUS. As I said in the first post I tried to instance objects with HV's on them and it didn't work. Everything else instanced perfectly: the parent object, it's children, the displacement of each object, the animation. Everything but hypervoxels. One object is a subdiv sphere with a hypervoxel on every point. And those HV's are the one things that don't instance.

Perhaps if I froze the subdiv object into a standard poly mesh at the right subdiv size ....

prometheus
07-29-2013, 08:16 PM
Hmm, I'm confused Prometheus. I find your response as puzzling as the plot to the movie PROMETHEUS. As I said in the first post I tried to instance objects with HV's on them and it didn't work. Everything else instanced perfectly: the parent object, it's children, the displacement of each object, the animation. Everything but hypervoxels. One object is a subdiv sphere with a hypervoxel on every point. And those HV's are the one things that don't instance.

Perhaps if I froze the subdiv object into a standard poly mesh at the right subdiv size ....

uhmm..my keyboard response on my laptop isnīt good..the letter "t" failed to comply.. I ment, no instanced objects with hypervoxels(canīt) be instanced.

Ivé tried myself with having an object with hypervoxels on the vertices of the objects, but it doesnīt survive over when instancing the object...the object is instanced but not with voxels.
So your initial question is correct, you can not instance objects and have hypervoxels intact, displacements work etc, but not hypervoxels.

and I should have said that you would need true clones and add particles on that, not instance clones. or use true clones/copies of the object and add hv on those vertices.

and off topoic ..yes the movie plot of prometheus was puzzling, most of all badly executed...a hybrid of some great scenery..and some failed plot/acting dialog and some creature effects very lame.

Michael

bazsa73
07-29-2013, 11:20 PM
Same goes with FiberFx or instanced structures. You can't instance a tree with instanced leaves. Instancing is non-recursive :(

UnCommonGrafx
07-30-2013, 05:48 AM
Unless you use Dponts Instancer..

bazsa73
07-30-2013, 06:08 AM
Can't you replace the voxels with something else? Just asking.

prometheus
07-30-2013, 06:40 AM
Unless you use Dponts Instancer..

Aha..but you mean that has options to instance a tree with instanced leaves? not the option to instance an object that has hypervoxels applied on its vertices?

Michael

cagey5
07-30-2013, 06:52 AM
Correct

UnCommonGrafx
07-30-2013, 07:03 AM
Sadly, no way to work around that.

Did hdi do this? Or ffx? [Edit: was saying, did ffx replicate with hdi?] I don't recall if any of them figured out how to get around this limitation in the sdk.

FFX was doing instancing but I had a life and no time to "faff" with it.