PDA

View Full Version : Upgrade Price

Gazlw
07-28-2013, 05:34 AM
Hi,

Is the upgrade price for LW 11.5 reduced for Siggraph?

It does seem to be a bit cheaper then it normally is? Though it doesn't say anything about price reductions for
upgrades just for the full version?

hrgiger
07-28-2013, 06:02 AM
its normally $695. im not sure if theyre running siggraph specials although i know the two new products nevron and chronosculpt are $100 off until July 31st.

Waves of light
07-28-2013, 06:11 AM
The live feeds did show a Siggraph discount for upgrades. better ask support just in case.

Edwin SI75
07-29-2013, 03:41 AM
Hi,

Is the upgrade price for LW 11.5 reduced for Siggraph?

It does seem to be a bit cheaper then it normally is? Though it doesn't say anything about price reductions for
upgrades just for the full version?

The upgrade normally goes for 695. It's listed (as a Siggraph special) for 495 now.
So, as for the full version, there's a 200 usd discount.

Kuzey
07-29-2013, 01:19 PM
So when is LW12 planned for release?

If it's another year then this offer is very tempting :)

Spinland
07-29-2013, 01:27 PM
Since the final release version of 11.6 isn't supposed to be out until Q4 or thereabouts, I don't think 12 will along very soon.

Kuzey
07-29-2013, 01:34 PM
That's what I'm thinking as well..but you never know with NT :)

They could start selling LW12 when LW11.6 is released...just want to make sure and what not.

nickdigital
07-29-2013, 01:37 PM
Considering there's Chrono and Nevron to support, I wouldn't expect to see any info about 12 for at least another year (assuming they're using Siggraph as the next milestone).

Kuzey
07-29-2013, 01:39 PM
Haha...well that's making me jumpy..very jumpy indeed :P

calilifestyle
07-29-2013, 03:56 PM
lol yeah that 495 to update sounds very tempting . I was planing on saving for a new laptop. but this might have to do. I have 2 days to think about it, i guess.

nickdigital
07-29-2013, 04:06 PM
For those that don't get the newsletter.
https://www.lightwave3d.com/static/marketing/mailers/07292013/siggraph2013_sale/index.html?utm_source=mailer_07292013&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=siggraph2013_sale

Chris S. (Fez)
07-29-2013, 04:22 PM
Great deal for folks who have not leaped. LW 11 has been absolutely incredible value.

Megalodon2.0
07-29-2013, 04:26 PM
Great deal for folks who have not leaped. LW 11 has been absolutely incredible value.

I have to agree. It is leaps and bounds over 10 and (for me) VERY stable.

Kuzey
07-30-2013, 04:01 AM
That's what I'm thinking as well..but you never know with NT :)

They could start selling LW12 when LW11.6 is released...just want to make sure and what not.

Come on NT..give me a hint & I'm soooooooooooooooooooo there!

Jarno
07-30-2013, 06:52 AM
Hint: Osborne Effect

Kuzey
07-30-2013, 07:14 AM
Hint: Osborne Effect

What's the customer equivalent of that, cause I'm really feeling it right about now :)

dsol
07-30-2013, 09:21 AM
Going by what was spilled about LW's innards about the progress to a new geometry engine in Layout and Modeler, it sounds like LW12 is still quite a long way off. I can't believe they'd ship another version of LW without the upgraded engine, it's just too creaky (particularly in modeler) to compete with the competition from Lux, Maxon and Autodesk.

So get the cheap upgrade now in the knowledge you'll have plenty of use of LW11.x before 12 comes out!

Ivan D. Young
07-30-2013, 10:08 AM
So I got a question. I see there is an upgrade special. I am still on LW 10.1 or whatever it is . The version of LW that shipped right after Core. I honestly have been on the fence for quite awhile about this. But after seeing David Ikeda's posts I feel like maybe LW will be showing improvement somewhere along the way. I basically like his approach for the changeover.

So can I upgrade at the Siggraph price? OR am I still in the penalty box for not being loyal enough? haha

- - - Updated - - -

I feel like this is moving in a good direction again. I would still like to use LW. I am still faster for some things in LW than I am in Maya or Max.

Would like to get back on the band wagon.

JoePoe
07-30-2013, 10:15 AM
(Warning: Nothing productive to add here. I keep seeing this thread...... and...I...just....can't....resist!!)

UPGRAYEDD
Spelled with two Ds for a double dose of Pimpin'. :ohmy:

http://cf.badassdigest.com/_uploads/images/upgrayedd.jpeg

dsol
07-30-2013, 10:23 AM
So I got a question. I see there is an upgrade special. I am still on LW 10.1 or whatever it is . The version of LW that shipped right after Core. I honestly have been on the fence for quite awhile about this. But after seeing David Ikeda's posts I feel like maybe LW will be showing improvement somewhere along the way. I basically like his approach for the changeover.

So can I upgrade at the Siggraph price? OR am I still in the penalty box for not being loyal enough? haha

If you've got 10.1 - bought during the Core years - you should qualify for $499 (or $399 if you were an early adopter) upgrades anyway. But well worth upgrading - the 11 cycle is a serious update and has tons of new features (and is a fair bit more stable than 10.1 too, particularly in VPR)

Kuzey
07-30-2013, 12:06 PM
Ok...You win Newtek :P

My Order is being manually processed...heeeeeeeeeeeelp!

Haha

Kuzey
07-30-2013, 12:49 PM
Oooooh...all done..You guys didn't even give me a chance to change my mind :)

Waves of light
07-30-2013, 01:12 PM
Oooooh...all done..You guys didn't even give me a chance to change my mind :)

Kuzey will be droppin some Sub-D goodies from 11.6...very soon. Try the slice tool and new chamfer stuff too.

dwburman
07-30-2013, 01:14 PM

- - - Updated - - -

I feel like this is moving in a good direction again. I would still like to use LW. I am still faster for some things in LW than I am in Maya or Max.

My guess would be that the siggraph price is the public price and if you opted out and got a refund, you're back in the public, so it's all good. If you didn't get a refund and just haven't upgraded to LW11, you should still qualify for the discounted upgrade price since the 60 day time limit on upgrading to LW11 was removed shortly after it was announced. Of course, customer service can give you a better answer than I can. You could also try logging into your registration account on LightWave3D.com and then see what the upgrade price is for you.

Kuzey
07-30-2013, 01:32 PM
Kuzey will be droppin some Sub-D goodies from 11.6...very soon. Try the slice tool and new chamfer stuff too.

Really looking forward to using the new modelling tools :)

But...I need to get used to the icon colour change, I click on the Modeler icon & Layout pops up..whaaaaaaaat..haha

Ivan D. Young
07-30-2013, 01:53 PM
I never asked for a refund. I just did not buy the upgrade. But was unclear on how the upgrade policy was and so forth. Plus I was not motivated to get back into LW at the time.

But I feel a little interest after seeing Mr Ikeda's posts. I feel better about what is going on than before.

So I have no clue what Upgrade if any I was even eligible for? I am definately interested to take a look at 11.6 though. LW 10.1 is ok but not that good when I do load up LW from time to time, but this is starting to interest me.

BeeVee
07-30-2013, 03:31 PM
Like dw said, log into your account on lightwave3d.com and go visit the shop. The price in there is for you.

B

Waves of light
07-30-2013, 03:58 PM
Really looking forward to using the new modelling tools :)

But...I need to get used to the icon colour change, I click on the Modeler icon & Layout pops up..whaaaaaaaat..haha

I'm sure you will get used to it. Now time for a bit of VPR and adaptive sampling m'thinks.

Megalodon2.0
07-30-2013, 04:04 PM

IMO LW11 is a really great value. Aside from my well-known opinion about 10, LW11 is stable (at least for me) and works VERY well. I can't find anything to seriously complain about - yet. ;)

LW11 is well worth the upgrade price - and better with the Siggraph discount. Should have waited to buy my second license. ;)

Ivan D. Young
07-30-2013, 07:40 PM
OK I am back!! Well sorta. I still got my Core upgrade.... Thank You Newtek. I have been one of the prodigal sons for quite awhile. I am glad you still left the door open for me.

OK, So much is different in the account screens. I got LW 11.5, but where do I get 11.6? Do I need to install and register 11.5 before my account shows I am eligible for 11.6 or do I need to wait the appropriate amount of time for CS to do their thing and get my account info updated?
anyone know?

Hahaha I am happy to be back LWing again. Thank You Mr. Ikeda, you sir got me back on board.

PixelDust
07-30-2013, 09:13 PM
OK I am back!! Well sorta. I still got my Core upgrade.... Thank You Newtek. I have been one of the prodigal sons for quite awhile. I am glad you still left the door open for me.

OK, So much is different in the account screens. I got LW 11.5, but where do I get 11.6? Do I need to install and register 11.5 before my account shows I am eligible for 11.6 or do I need to wait the appropriate amount of time for CS to do their thing and get my account info updated?
anyone know?

Hahaha I am happy to be back LWing again. Thank You Mr. Ikeda, you sir got me back on board.

Right after you register 11.5, 11.6 should also be in your account right away. It was for me... ;)

Waves of light
07-31-2013, 04:02 AM
So that's Megalodon2.0 and Ivan D. Young back... And Kuzey now rocking 11.6 so who else is there sitting on the fence I wonder?

Ivan D. Young
07-31-2013, 05:54 AM
THanks PixelDust, Yeah I figured it was something like that. Cool weill I will get all that hooked up later tonight after work.

Thanks Waves of Light.

It will take me awhile to get me LW legs back under me. Been in MaxWorld for awhile at work. plus I got to track down where I left my LW Content folder, I had a Workstation blow up that had my Master LW Content setup going back to 2001. I got it, just don't know where right now. Hmmmm? now which harddrive was it?

cagey5
07-31-2013, 06:10 AM
I'd like to see the angry banana back. Not sure what happened there.. Welcome back Ivan.

roctavian
07-31-2013, 09:22 AM
... I honestly have been on the fence for quite awhile about this. But after seeing David Ikeda's posts I feel like maybe LW will be showing improvement somewhere along the way. I basically like his approach for the changeover.

But I feel a little interest after seeing Mr Ikeda's posts. I feel better about what is going on than before.

....... this is starting to interest me.

Maybe they should restore the deleted thread. Just for 2 months, to boost the sales.
After that, it can be deleted again. :D:thumbsup::devil:

Thomas Helzle
07-31-2013, 09:47 AM
Heheheh - yeah, same here.
That thread did more for my personal trust in LW than 500 more "awards" ;-)

It's funny how our culture is so deep into marketing, strategy, branding etc. that simple straight forward honest talking with people got a bit lost.

On one hand I totally understand it but on the other it makes me a bit sad.
A developer blog with information and insights like in that thread would make me personally a billion times more happy than any marketing team would ever be able to make me.

Cheers,

Tom

Ivan D. Young
07-31-2013, 09:51 AM
The Deleted Thread was absolutely my deciding factor in jumping back in. Chronosculpt looked like it had some ideas behind it and the comments in that thread proved it and it was enough to convince me for now I want back in.

Maybe that thread should not be put back up, but a steamlined post that essentially says the samething with all the Legalise thing Newtek seems to want to do these days would be fine.
Look some of that info is not in a formalized official statement and it was not meant too be. I think though, that Info should be formatted and put back out. It convinced me and I think it would convince others to Upgrade again.

Can't say it won't work. I just happened to be looking at the forums and caught all of those posts live. If I had not seen them, I would not have upgraded. It is that simple.

Thomas Helzle
07-31-2013, 10:09 AM
Yeah, exactly.

I personally think that the LW community had all the hype and marketing blurbs to last a lifetime.
Core sure left it's mark in overall credibility (which wasn't too good to begin with before).

If I hear siggraph talks about how VPR is the only such thing on the market, I roll my eyes backward and wonder in which cave the speaker lives.
That is pure ******** IMO.
But I personally _like_ the LW VPR most of all the existing such options.
It is very very good and fast and fluid compared to some other solutions out there.

Always better to impress people with how good something is instead of making claims that are simply not true and lose more credibility points.

Well, I hope we will see some more "glitches in the marketing matrix" in the future ;-)

Cheers,

Tom