PDA

View Full Version : Actors getting feedback from and seeing virtual sets in realtime?-Greenscreen.

prometheus
07-27-2013, 02:03 PM
Im curious if Actors have acess to technology which allows them to see digital sets around them when working in a Green screen environment.
I can imagine that actors performance and feelings must be affected of being in a set that helps them in their acting, now with all green screening and virtual sets, I also
can imagine that some of that getīs lost due to the lack of not seeing their environment.

Is there tools for the actors so they can get some sort of visual feedback from the set?
Just curious.

Michael

nickdigital
07-27-2013, 04:36 PM
Across from the LightWave booth was a booth demonstrating such technology. You wear a helmet and the green screen is replaced with the virtual set. Not sure it's actor friendly though. The helmet looked cumbersome.

prometheus
07-27-2013, 04:41 PM
well.there is research science on web browsers in contact lenses, so that wouldnīt interfere with anything and also invisible if you need to shoot the actor as he or she looks.

Meanwhile it might only work good today if the actor wears a helmet or simpler glasses... if the actor himself will be replaced by digital prostetichs, otherwise the tech tool will be in the way of the camera of course.
I suspect it will take a couple of years before such contact lens tech will arrive, if ever useful?