View Full Version : Another Chronosculpt thread....this one about the Mac version.....

07-25-2013, 10:49 PM
Ok, so I'm shuffling things, hoping I can get it at the discount price by the 31st.....however, something has popped into my head, which makes me a little hesitant.

First is there any date when the Mac version will be released? In otherwords.... Will I be spending $299 for an application that I wont even be able to use for several months?

I'm sure there are other Mac users who havent bought it for the same reason.

If its not going to be released for several months, will the discounted price be available when it is released? Like I said, I'm just a little hesitant to drop down that much money for something that isnt even available yet.

07-25-2013, 11:30 PM
I understand you. NOw, I believe that in another thread, a mac user was able to use it in parallels , not even bootcamp, smoothly. Still an unpleasant workaround, but if you have a windows licence, I guess it's worth it. As for the discount price, I would bet it'll be over before the mac release, so you are supposed to invest your money on a product that will eventually be available... a bit frustrating.

07-26-2013, 12:22 AM
Yes, bootcamp is an option...but I shouldnt have to take that option. I think a clear release date should be given for the mac version, even at the same level that the current windows version is at...at least then we could also be using it while we wait for the final release.

07-26-2013, 06:00 AM
Well, as far as I'm concerned, windows is a big no-no, even in bootcamp or parallels. I bought a laptop for my wife last week, and after one hour trying to use W8, I finally installed ubuntu on the laptop.
So I will only buy things that work in LW natively (I know people here will think it's stupid or that for doing 3D, Mac is not the best solution, but 3D is only a part of my use of computers, that is... motion and FCPX are as important to me as LW or 3D coat...and a lot of other stuff too).
I don't know if I will need to buy CS some day, but I won't until it's natively mac-enabled. Nevron motion is a bit different : it's working on Mac, even without kinect support, at least for retargeting, and could be completed with fastmocap. I would have bought it at discount price if I had the cash and time, but my first priority right now is to buy another computer. Nevron can wait several months...
Now, since Rob, Lino and some devs have popped in the forums these last days, some statement about mac-support would be most welcomed.

09-16-2013, 12:01 AM
ANother asking saem question about release dates. newtek have been good in past about making sure I feel looked after although in the past few years releases have been late, and even products dropped that I pre-purchased.

I have put in a support question about mac version release dates. Will update forum if I get any meaningful reply.

09-16-2013, 12:16 AM
Hopefully we'll get an answer soon. The already released an update to the windows version, but still no mac posted.

Not saying it needs to be released right now (though, would be great), just something to let us know its coming..lol.

09-16-2013, 10:39 AM
I'm quite disappointed that it's midway through September now, and there still isn't even an initial Mac release of CS available. As it is all-new code, designing for feature parity and cross-portability was either a ground-up part of the design and implementation, or it wasn't (with everything thus implied). The more time that passes without a Mac release, though, the more it makes me think they instead went with a "build for Win then port to Mac" approach -- you know, more or less the same approach that has worked out so exceedingly well for Mac LW to date. I'd really like to think their experiences have taught them better than that, but the more time goes by without a Mac CS release, the more I wonder.