PDA

View Full Version : Nevron can't use Xbox kinect device?

H_Molla
07-25-2013, 04:36 PM
I just bought my Nevron license, After checking the PDF i found that :

" To use a Kinect device, you will also need to install the Kinectruntime driver (Kinectruntime-v1 .7- Setup .exe) . This is available via microSoft, but will be provided with this product eventually . With this driver, you must use a Kinect For Windows device and not the XBox360 Kinect device . (The Kinect For Windows SDK does allow use of the XBox360 Kinect device; but you must obtain that device on your own .)"

I don't understand ???
Dose it mean i will not be able to run my XBOX one !!!
If that is the scenario, then i want back my money back...cause:

1st nothing mentioned that on the product requirements.
2nd I bought my copy for that XBOX camera usage & am not going to buy another camera !!!.

Can someone explain please...
Thanks

lino.grandi
07-25-2013, 05:33 PM
It should work without problems with the XBOX360 version.

http://forums.newtek.com/showthread.php?136584-Nevron-Motion&p=1334353&viewfull=1#post1334353

tcoursey
07-25-2013, 07:07 PM
We bought an add-on camera for XBOX and it works fine. I'm not sure what the difference is in the XBOX bundled version and the Add-on. Other than the XBOX one may not connect through USB which of course you will need to have for the PC.

In short the drivers mentioned in the product listing with the ADD-ON Kinect Camera (sold sep for $150) works just fine.

Lino, do you know if the Kinect for the XBOX ONE will work? It has much improved fiedelity 1080P 60fps, plus much much more....

H_Molla
07-26-2013, 10:21 PM
Thanks Lino for the info, i will try as soon as i can got to office with what happening at Egypt.

- - - Updated - - -

" Kinect for the XBOX ONE will work?"

Not working with Windows..