PDA

View Full Version : LW3D Group at Siggraph 2013 - Good show guys!

Greenlaw
07-25-2013, 02:59 AM
Awesome show LW3DG! The LightWave booth was by far the liveliest and most fun to hang out at on the entire floor.

I had a lot of fun this year. The live demo and talks were excellent but the best thing about Siggraph for me was meeting friends and colleagues, some of whom I had not seen in many years, and others who I met for the first time as live humans.

G.

evolross
07-25-2013, 11:22 AM
Does anyone have any pictures of the overall booth and/or some distant shots? I'd love to see how it looks on the Anaheim floor.

LW_Will
07-25-2013, 02:59 PM
Oh hell Greenlaw! I wanted to meet you! I was there on Wednesday. Maybe at the next LA Users group meeting...

Greenlaw
07-25-2013, 03:44 PM
Yeah, I was there most of the day Tuesday and part of Wednesday. I wish the badges had the names printed bigger to make it easier to identify people I only know from the web.

Re: User Group, I understand there hasn't been a meeting for some time but I can finally look forward to attending the next one. My daily commute is much shorter these days so I have a little extra time to socialize (plus more time to work on my own projects too!) :)

G.

Davewriter
07-25-2013, 05:00 PM
I spoke to Jessica and Ken regarding the User Group... which will hopefully have a meeting next month... and other fun too!

Sekhar
07-25-2013, 08:16 PM
Does anyone have any pictures of the overall booth and/or some distant shots? I'd love to see how it looks on the Anaheim floor.

I don't have a picture, but it was a big one right at the entrance - excellent spot, impossible to miss. Presentations were well attended too, and NT didn't skimp on giveaways at all. Overall, I'd say awesome presence.

LW_Will
07-26-2013, 12:56 AM
The location MIGHT be in... BURBANK!

Greenlaw, we are definately meeting! The very next UG meeting for LA. I'll buy you a beer or something.

djlithium
07-26-2013, 01:46 AM
Awesome show LW3DG! The LightWave booth was by far the liveliest and most fun to hang out at on the entire floor.

I had a lot of fun this year. The live demo and talks were excellent but the best thing about Siggraph for me was meeting friends and colleagues, some of whom I had not seen in many years, and others who I met for the first time as live humans.

G.

Dude! I was there - where were you exactly on each day? I was hanging around the booth most of the time helping out. too bad we didn't meet up! :(

Greenlaw
07-26-2013, 02:06 AM
Yeah, I was hoping to run into you. Sorry, I arrived too late and missed your presentation. Will send email tonight to catch up. :)

G.

wesleycorgi
07-26-2013, 11:07 AM
I wasn't able to attend this year, even though I requested a day off. Too much work at the office. But I was able to catch a lot of the presentations (either live or afterwards via Ustream) — I'm $500 poorer regardless. Both Nevron and ChronoSync were too tempting.

But this morning, our creative director surprised me with a Lightwave shirt from this year's Siggraph!

robertoortiz
07-26-2013, 11:13 AM
Newtek for the love of all that is holy promote the hell of ChronoSculpt .
You got a real winner there, and dont think most people who did not see your demos realized what you were showing there.
It is an APP that should be on any studio pipeline.

Great product guys.

-R

LW_Will
07-26-2013, 12:24 PM
Dude! I was there - where were you exactly on each day? I was hanging around the booth most of the time helping out. too bad we didn't meet up! :(

Yeah. You were talking to someone about 3D production and I couldn't introduce my self. But it was cool.

Waves of light
07-26-2013, 12:29 PM
Already said it on FB...

Gutted Siggraph 2013 is over. Really enjoyable show and I think it has left us with a lot to reflex on. Looking forward to seeing what you guys and girls come up with before the next show. Thanks to Rob Powers, Lino Grandi, Kiki, Matt, Jack Bennett II, Jennifer Hachigian, Dave Vrba and Cody Burke. Also to all those who came on and did the demos, especially Sahin Michael Derun for just saying it how it is. None of it felt scripted and it was a more 'sit down and come and relax, talk about LW' feel to it.

NM and CS aren't for me right now, but they certainly got my attention. And another FREE upgrade in 11.6.. Raycasting will come in handy.

VonBon
07-26-2013, 12:55 PM
Can someone post a link or sticky to the videos of the show when its ready? Please

dwburman
07-26-2013, 12:59 PM
Most of it is still up at http://www.ustream.tv/lightwave3d. The first day's videos are no longer up, though.

VonBon
07-26-2013, 01:11 PM
Thanks. I couldn't remember the thread that the other link was in. :D

Matt
07-26-2013, 02:29 PM
Can someone post a link or sticky to the videos of the show when its ready? Please

Try here:

http://www.ustream.tv/lightwave3d/videos

GraphXs
07-26-2013, 02:40 PM
Great Show,... yeah, it would of been great to meet some more of you. I hope you sell a crap load of CS!!! Amazing tool! Even though I might have to get a new laptop for it! Though I'm surprised ya didn't offer a "LW/CS/NM bundle" of some sort to sell some more seats of LW. 11.6 rocks!

nickdigital
07-26-2013, 03:21 PM
Though I'm surprised ya didn't offer a "LW/CS/NM bundle" of some sort to sell some more seats of LW. 11.6 rocks!

Good point...buy all 3 and get a greater discount or a different bonus (Kinect cameras, t-shirt, etc).

erikals
07-26-2013, 04:24 PM
Great show, once again. http://erikalstad.com/backup/misc.php_files/bowdown.gif

ah, i missed out on Sharknado! http://erikalstad.com/backup/misc.php_files/smile.gif
checkin' it out... !

GraphXs
07-26-2013, 09:09 PM
Sharknado....efffff...I know it is a B-Movie, maybe a C or D-Movie, not sure I would want to show that off. The effects are suppose to be bad, I just don't want' LW to be ill-viewed because of B-Movies. I couldn't get through the first 10minz of that movie.. Bla!

EDIT: I actually saw some of the Sharknado effects....LOL!!! Fun! I like the "Training Ground" aspect of the interview. :D

Waves of light
07-27-2013, 03:34 AM
There was a whole Siggraph 2013 thread, but it seems to have been deleted. That had some interesting stuff on it too... links, ideas, etc.

Again, if you missed any of the shows, you can find them at http://www.ustream.tv/lightwave3d

Edit: sorry, just realised Matt posted the link above... must wake up and read thread before posting!

dwburman
07-29-2013, 02:25 PM
There was a whole Siggraph 2013 thread, but it seems to have been deleted. That had some interesting stuff on it too... links, ideas, etc.

Again, if you missed any of the shows, you can find them at http://www.ustream.tv/lightwave3d

Edit: sorry, just realised Matt posted the link above... must wake up and read thread before posting!

Well, at least the shows from Day 2 and 3. :D

SaturnX
07-29-2013, 02:36 PM
Yeah, to everyone at LW3DG and NewTek, thankyou for putting on a top show at Siggraph. The developer updates, the launch of new products (how did you manage to keep it all so quiet for so long?!), the website work and updates, the magazine, the promo videos, the Siggraph presentation and literally all the planning of everything else and everyone working hard to make it happen behind the scenes... thankyou so much. It's great being able to see all the action and news via the live streams. You make it look easy.

You've set the bar high again this year! Plenty of room for improvement however. :D

Thank you again!

wyattharris
07-29-2013, 03:15 PM
I definitely enjoyed the show. Live stream on one screen, forum thread on the other. Congratulations LW3DG!

wyattharris
07-29-2013, 03:25 PM
Quoted from this locked thread (http://forums.newtek.com/showthread.php?136685-What-s-happened-to-the-Siggraph-2013-Thread).

No one got in trouble. But that's not the way communication should work. Especially if users start making wrong assumptions or digging the past (that always leads nowhere). I think that what David said was very positive. But it was inviting everyone to speculate a little too much. We're a company, we have strategies. That's why I deleted the thread.
I fully understand Lino, I was a bit surprised by the openness. Just please LW3DG, please consider the suggestions for a developers blog or just slightly more frequent updates other than at trade shows every 6 months. Everything I read in the Siggraph thread was very encouraging, positive or negative.

Again, good show everyone! :thumbsup:

dwburman
07-29-2013, 10:22 PM
From where I was sitting, the LightWave show looked like a good one. :)