PDA

View Full Version : Are all LICENSE.LWK files created equal?

Spinland
07-24-2013, 12:25 PM
When my LW account showed 11.6 available to download, that section had its own link to download a license file. When I purchased Nevron Motion and that became active, it also has a license download link. In each case the file downloaded has the same name as in prior license files: LICENSE.LWK. Do I need each of them or will one of them being installed into Layout's GUI enable both 11.6 and Nevron?

I am confused.

Many thanks in advance for helping!

tcoursey
07-24-2013, 01:11 PM
In short, no. There is a seperate License file for Nevron. I too wondered this when I purchased. Being that they are pre-release versions, the installation was a bit clunky getting it licensed.

Your LW license key file can be copied from your original install (if it's for the same lock ID etc). Then when you want to get Nevron licensed, you'll need to install that license as well. I think I was able just copy and paste the TEXT inside the license.lwk file into the licensing option dialog for Nevron.

Good luck.

Spinland
07-24-2013, 02:55 PM
Thanks. After I asked this I did open up the two files in a text editor and realized they were different despite the confusing naming. So it's a one-two punch to license the set; fair enough.

Thanks again!