PDA

View Full Version : Lightwave Chronosculpt feature requests

Curly_01
07-24-2013, 07:29 AM
Hi,

It would be nice if you could also import Houdini bgeo, geo files and Realflow mesh files in Chronosulpt.

Thanks

Netvudu
07-24-2013, 09:50 AM
Asking for bgeo files doesn't make much sense. You can use obj, but even better, you can use alembic...or are you thinking on fluid sims?

nickdigital
07-24-2013, 10:59 PM
Submit a feature request through Fogbugz.

http://forums.newtek.com/showthread.php?73226-Bug-Report-and-Feature-Request-System-Instructions

robertoortiz
07-26-2013, 11:17 AM
Submit a feature request through Fogbugz.

http://forums.newtek.com/showthread.php?73226-Bug-Report-and-Feature-Request-System-Instructions

I will, but I do have to mention that it would be cool to control brush style and with for NPR rendering using a toolset similar to Chronosculpt

nickdigital
07-26-2013, 11:33 AM
You mean painting/adjusting edge lines over time? Yeah that would be cool. I'd be afraid to have to do that on every frame. If the lines were "smart" and adapted to each frame that would be great. Similar to the rotobrush in AE.

For that matter, being able to repaint color zones would be nice too.

robertoortiz
07-26-2013, 11:06 PM
You mean painting/adjusting edge lines over time? Yeah that would be cool. I'd be afraid to have to do that on every frame. If the lines were "smart" and adapted to each frame that would be great. Similar to the rotobrush in AE.

For that matter, being able to repaint color zones would be nice too.

You got it. This kind of functionaly would make NPR work a blast, since it would open the door for a ton of experimentation.

realgray
07-27-2013, 12:36 AM
Audio Audio Audio in Chronosculpt. Just submitted my request. Thanks nickdigital.

ianr
07-27-2013, 07:30 AM
Audio, Audio, I agree realgray.

I had it in my Joe Alter's 'Shave & Haircut'
LW Plugin years ago. Which good Scrubbing
was possible whilst sculpting with the fascial
tools back then!

realgray
07-27-2013, 12:32 PM
Audio, Audio, I agree realgray.

I had it in my Joe Alter's 'Shave & Haircut'
LW Plugin years ago. Which good Scrubbing
was possible whilst sculpting with the fascial
tools back then!

I don't know how up voting a feature request with LWgroup works but you might want to make a request using the emails provided above. I doubt your voice will be heard if left on a forum post.

UnCommonGrafx
07-27-2013, 01:48 PM
Whoa,
That's right... This is probably the logical follow to lipservice.
Very cool thought.

GraphXs
07-27-2013, 02:01 PM
A camera would be a great addition...it would allow to do more 2d style animation with the cs brushes. Squasj and stretch.

GraphXs
07-27-2013, 02:03 PM
Also a cs "go" lightwave,maya,max portal would be great!

realgray
07-27-2013, 02:59 PM
I hope Newbie3d gets these requests. It's nice to know the main dev is at least aware of them. Even if they are not possible at this time.

nickdigital
07-27-2013, 03:46 PM
I hope Newbie3d gets these requests. It's nice to know the main dev is at least aware of them. Even if they are not possible at this time.

Fogbugz is the way to go. Information gets lost too easily on the forum. Also it would be incredibly counter productive to rely on a forum to track bug and feature requests.

newbie3d
07-27-2013, 05:10 PM

Hey all, I'm paying attention! Sorry if I go quiet sometimes. As suggested though, the best place would be through FB where we can track these requests, schedule them, etc.

MrWyatt
07-27-2013, 05:12 PM
I request that ChronoSculpt AND LW get "propper" Alembic support, and that means including multi object files and including changing topology meshes. At the moment when I have an Alembic file that consists of more than one object (or layer if you will) it only imports the first mesh (ChronoSculpt that is) LW 11.6 doesn't seem to be able to import .abc files at all at the moment, even though the website clearly states it. I am a bit underwhelmed, but then I am used to this. Don't get me wrong, ChronoSculpt seems really capable, but the alembic implementation is rudimentary at best. Also it would be nice to have the ability to export and import maya geo caches for multi object files. In Maya it is possible to select multiple objects and export/import one single cache file for all of them. This isn't possible in LW at the moment and explains the seemingly same approach for Alembic.

Please. implement Alembic propperly instead of poorly.

cheers

Guillaume

OnlineRender
07-27-2013, 05:19 PM
Re: Realflow perhaps try importing it into LW then export the mdd ?

MrWyatt
07-27-2013, 05:28 PM
Re: Realflow perhaps try importing it into LW then export the mdd ?

that wouldn't work as liquid sims have changing point count wich mdd doesn't support.

realgray
07-27-2013, 06:37 PM
Hey all, I'm paying attention! Sorry if I go quiet sometimes. As suggested though, the best place would be through FB where we can track these requests, schedule them, etc.

Thanks Newbie3d!

GraphXs
07-27-2013, 07:55 PM
ChronoSculpt MASK brushs

A Masking brush to be used on an item during animation to reveal the item during animation.

For example it could be used to grow a tree limbs or vines, or used very much like the liquid growing of Venom in spiderman. It can even have a simple use just to reveal a 3D model with using the animated MASK brush.

Maybe in addition it can understand the polygons surfaces or order number of the surface to be used as what the mask brush reveals.

For example

Trunk surface (start for the mask)
1 Limbs A surface
2 Limbs B Surface
3 Limbs Branches A Surface
4 Limbs Branches B Surface
5 Leafs A surface
6 Leafs B Surface (end for the mask)

In addition how about different types of Mask:

(uses stroke direction for twist or a path defined per user.) or maybe like the guide tool used in lightwaves / modeler twist tool.

Mask Straight reveal
Mask Twist reveal
Mask bulge reveal
Mask scale reveal

GraphXs
07-27-2013, 07:59 PM
Others:

-Alpha image brushes
-NLE style timeline for multiple files or to create a stack-able timeline for stacking the edits with some blending options.

GraphXs
07-27-2013, 08:03 PM
Additional Brush Fall-offs types or modes similar to Modeler tools:

Taper
Linear
Twist
Bend

ianr
07-28-2013, 09:04 AM
I thank you for Decorum on da forum

See ma post in General called 'Note to self'

(A dedicated Chronoscuplt Forum would be

fashionable) vote there please!

Phil
07-28-2013, 09:07 AM
I wonder if they'll be setting up product specific filters for the bug/feature system to separate LW reports/requests from ChronoSync/NevronMotion.

HowardM
10-31-2013, 05:01 PM
Is it a ghost? Are you dreaming? ;)

Hey guys, just amazed at Chronosculpt and want to see more on the rigid body and cloth edits... any other technicall videos demonstrating how to edit multiple broken pieces...make them stop moving, or move differently than the rest of the sim? Saw Robs video on retiming but that doesnt show much. How does it work with Pinning, etc for those rigids? Can you select individual vertices? Is everything keyable? Can you edit a rigid that slows to a stop, then starts up again?

Great stuff for Cloth!!!

Keeping an eye on this one!

adk
10-31-2013, 07:55 PM
Is it a ghost? Are you dreaming? ;)

Great stuff for Cloth!!!

Keeping an eye on this one!

Heya Howard !!! Great to see you still drop bye mate.
Wish I could answer your questions on Chronosculpt, but I've not had a chance to play much with it of late.
Maybe someone else can chime in on your query.