PDA

View Full Version : RFRK Mist(Cloud) in Lightwave

jhinrichs
07-23-2013, 04:42 PM
Anybody had any luck getting Mist to render using RFRK in Lightwave? I simulated the Hybrido Waterfall example that came with RealFlow. I can import the resulting fluid mesh and the splash / foam particles fine and they appear and render.

I can import the mist particles too using the Cloud tab in the RFRK window. When I do that it adds a Mist object, but no display in the viewport. In object properties it adds a 'RFRK Cloud Display' to the Geometry tab, it adds a 'RealFlow Renderkit Cloud' to the Deform tab and under Volumetrics it adds a 'RFRK Cloud Volumetric'. When I hit render nothing appears.

I tried a bunch of different settings, Hypervoxels etc. (When I hypervoxel it adds one particle at the origin, but that's it).

I imported the same particles into Houdini using RFRK and the mist is renderable (although I can't render it with the meshes, but that's another story. Having a hard time trying to find one 3D app where I can render everything from RealFlow...)

stevecullum
10-20-2013, 04:13 PM
Sorry for the late reply - I only just got RF2013 so going through a few render kit test of my own. Did you ever get the mist to render in Layout? One thing you can do with RF particles is to use Dpont's particle scan can convert them to PFX for use with HV's. Haven't tried that recently though..

Tranimatronic
10-21-2013, 02:10 PM
I just saw the realflow Learning kit for $99 and was wondering how easy / well this works with Lightwave ?
It appears that the only learning kit restriction is that it should be used for non-commercial work. Is that true?
Are you guys using the learning kit or the full version ?
Cheers

T

stevecullum
10-21-2013, 05:28 PM
I'm using the learning kit - works well so far. No restrictions :)