PDA

View Full Version : Modeler viewport rendering style

greg.reyna
07-20-2013, 10:19 PM
I don't see a way to use a hot key to change the rendering style of Modeler viewports. I want to toggle between wireframe and wireframe shade. Am I missing something, or do I have to use the mouse to do this?

Thanks,
Greg

nickdigital
07-20-2013, 10:32 PM
You can map Modeler viewports to your number pad. Hit ctrl + the number you want to assign your current setup to that number.

greg.reyna
07-20-2013, 11:46 PM
Perfect! Thanks.

greg.reyna
11-04-2013, 01:31 PM
I just discovered Blender's translucent wireframe shade mode. That would be very helpful, to get the benefit of wireframe shade, and also be able to partially see through the form. Any way to get that in Modeler that I'm not aware of?

Danner
11-04-2013, 01:45 PM
Not the same thing and only situationally useful, but you could add some transparency to the surface.

greg.reyna
11-04-2013, 05:53 PM
In Modeler?

Skonk
11-05-2013, 07:26 AM
In Modeler?

Yes but you need to make sure Transparency is turned on for the OpenGL display (Display Options (D) > GL tab).

greg.reyna
11-30-2013, 04:20 PM
Wow. Leave it to Lightwave. I've been at this for years, and years. I had no idea that was possible.
Just tried using Smooth Shift to add geometry to the model, and sure enough the new polys are as transparent as the surface they were born from. This is gonna make modeling certain things so much easier for me!

Thank you, thank you.
Greg

ROY_NUZZO
12-08-2013, 05:36 PM
Yeah. Second that. The lack of wireframe depth perception (especially when you have dense models) makes transparency HUGELY useful.

An inactive selection function would be nice.
Now if we had a way to make something stand out that isn't selected (as if it were selected, but in another color, but not reacting to manipulation) would be really helpful if doing what you want to do with what IS selected. Often need a clear target. Also useful for show & tell using modeler directly.