PDA

View Full Version : be able to completely turn off a channel in LW

t4d
11-11-2003, 07:14 PM
Hi All
doing arig at the moment and i've run into this before but hoping someone has work it out RO maybe a options in LW 8

I got the fingers done the first bone of the finger uses heading as it's main channel to bend and the other 2 bones uses Pitch

i 've gone to spreadsheet and turn off the other channels so when i select using a selection set i would be rotating the first finger Heading channel and the other bones selected Pitch channel

But when i rotate the pitch of the first bone
and I'm still rotating the pitch on the other bones

is there away to completely turn off a channel so it will never be able to be keyed in Lightwave 7.5c ??

hrgiger
11-12-2003, 06:35 AM
Have you tried turning off the channel here? Just push the ones you don't want to be keyed. Here I have the X and the Y channels removed.

EDIT: Nevermind, I just tried it through the spreadsheet as well and it does the same thing that I suggested.

hrgiger
11-12-2003, 06:43 AM
Ok, I also just tried one of my characters and you're right, if you turn off the pitch for the last two fingers on a digit and select all three and rotate the first on it's pitch, all three will still rotate on the pitch even though they're supposedly disabled. I guess you will have to rotate them seperately and not part of a selection set until NT fixes it.

t4d
11-13-2003, 04:40 PM
:D see you did what i did & took it channels buttons at the bottom on face value abit shocked when i saw that they were still rotating :confused:

but glad you checked and saw that it is a error
let hope it get fixed in LW 8 :D
.................................. when ever that maybe

Dodgy
11-13-2003, 05:21 PM
If you click the handles, then rotate, the other bones will too. HOWEVER, if you use the left click drag without the handle (somewhere else in the scene, just not on the handle) the other bones will be locked as desired...

Maybe they think if you click the handles you want to overide the lock out?