PDA

View Full Version : Layout wont boot, black dialog saying "file not found"...

Taro Yoshimoto
07-19-2013, 06:52 AM
The only way to boot LW is to delete the configs files. But each time I quit, the problem come back.

When I click enter at "File not found" it open an import dialog window that want to open a "olor table" file. Not even color, just olor!

LW 11.5, directly installed on the D drive.

Anyone knows how to fix this?
thanks

dwburman
07-19-2013, 11:08 AM
I haven't heard of that happening with LW11.x

There was something similar when opening LW10.1 files in LW10.0 because of a change in the way one of the preferences was named.

Are your configs in the default location? If not, you could try moving them to another place. The instructions to do so are in the readme.txt file in the install directory, but basically you just need to right-click the shortcut to Layout and Modeler and at the end of the Target line, add: -c "D:\lwconfigs"

Replace D:\lwconfigs with whatever file path you want.

I don't know if this will fix it or not. This is just a suggestion for troubleshooting in case there is a problem with permissions in writing the configs. It doesn't sound like that is your problem, though.

BeeVee
07-21-2013, 01:53 AM
Also, if you have any third party plugins, try launching without them.

B

Taro Yoshimoto
08-01-2013, 06:45 AM
Hi guys, sorry for the super late reply. I had a big rush and forgot about the thread. I did as dwburman suggested and now LW seems to boot ok but when Modeler booth I got a message "Error reading file "D/lwconfigs". Also I notice that Lightwave keep creating the configs files in the old location in Users.

Still, for now it works.

Phil
08-01-2013, 07:44 AM
Assuming you didn't miss out a character, it seems that your redirection attempt is missing a ':' between D and the '/'. I would expect something like D:\lwconfigs would be needed.

Taro Yoshimoto
08-06-2013, 06:26 AM
Here how it is:

\bin\Layout.exe -c "D:\lwconfigs"

I got the black windows at start this morning. LW create its config files at the old place.

BeeVee
08-06-2013, 06:40 AM
You shouldn't have the space between the -c and the path, so in your example \bin\Layout.exe -c"D:\lwconfigs"

You also don't need the quotes since your path has no spaces, so: \bin\Layout.exe -cD:\lwconfigs

B

Matt
08-06-2013, 09:10 PM
Try clearing your configs, looks like Layout is looking for a color space table that it can't find (due to a later change in the way it handled profile names - used to bork on names with spaces).