PDA

View Full Version : 3D group will have some big news to share at the show.

Reco
07-17-2013, 04:02 AM
I am quite exited about the 3D Groups Sigraph newsletter.

3D group will have some big news to share at the show.

Reco

alexs3d
07-17-2013, 04:40 AM
jup, i am also very excited :)

50one
07-17-2013, 04:48 AM
I see no newsletter, anyone got a direct link??

alexs3d
07-17-2013, 04:49 AM
https://www.lightwave3d.com/static/marketing/mailers/07172013/siggraph2013/index.html?utm_source=mailer_07172013&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=siggraph_2013

50one
07-17-2013, 04:51 AM
I love the 404 page wtf?;)

https://www.lightwave3d.com/newsletters/article/july-2013/

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.lightwave3d.com/static/marketing/mailers/07172013/siggraph2013/index.html?utm_source=mailer_07172013&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=siggraph_2013

Cheers pal!

Kuzey
07-17-2013, 05:05 AM
Psssst..Lightwave 3D Group, create some twitter buzz & have a give away or two for those not attending..wink wink :P

hrgiger
07-17-2013, 07:26 AM
hmm big news, my favorite kind.

Waves of light
07-17-2013, 09:22 AM
looks like I might be away next week, so there'll be no live streaming for me this year... wonder what they have in store. Throw us a bone LWG!

OnlineRender
07-17-2013, 10:33 AM
edit

blueshift
07-19-2013, 06:18 AM
Although I have no inside information I found it interesting what I found at the bottom of the NewTek email regarding Siggraph. Considering the Demo at NAB by Rob Powers and Lino Grandi of the implementation of Kinect for Windows in LightWave ( many, myself included thought it was in 11.5 but not yet.) I found it interesting that it was stated that some Kinect for Windows devices would be given away. A mere coincidense ? Hmmmm.! I may be wrong but I'm hoping that is at least part of the big news. I have a Kinect for Windows that I bought in April but have been waiting to see what happens with Lightwave and Kinect rather than purchase a seperate MoCap software package. Here's hoping it's a hint Wink Wink.

Reco
07-19-2013, 07:17 AM
I do not see the implementation of Kinect to be big news. It is great, but more what we expect to be reveled. Or I expect to be reveled, based on rumors on this forum.

If it is big news, it has to be more than that.

Reco

hrgiger
07-19-2013, 08:18 AM
I do not see the implementation of Kinect to be big news. It is great, but more what we expect to be reveled. Or I expect to be reveled, based on rumors on this forum.

If it is big news, it has to be more than that.

Reco

True dat. News has the word new in it. Like we've never heard it before. We know about the Kinect already.

Jamesxx
07-19-2013, 10:25 AM
can someone pls tell me where the show will be streamed? ;)

bazsa73
07-19-2013, 10:29 AM
Let's speculate.
LW is going to be a unified app at last.

Waves of light
07-19-2013, 10:29 AM
It was on http://www.ustream.tv/ last year and there was a direct link too, from what I remember. I'm sure one of the LWG people will let us closer the date.

Jamesxx
07-19-2013, 10:33 AM
thx waves of light ;)

blueshift
07-19-2013, 10:55 AM
In my previuos post I did say "at least PART OF". As far as the Big News part I suppose it's relative to your point of view. For me personally it's big in that I'm not a member of a big team of animators it's just me and I tend to be the generalists generalist trying to do VFX with Lightwave, Adobe CC, Vue !0, Messiah, Blender etc. etc. Although I consider LightWave to be my main 3D app and the main focus of my 3D endeavors I'll use whatever app gives me an ability or advantage to produce what I want to create. MoCap would be a huge time saver for me and in LightWave it would be a wallet saver as well in that I would be upgrading anyway and now won't have to shell out for a seperate MoCap app. My purchases all come out of my own income from my day job as a CNC Machinist. In the future I'm hoping it will be coming out of income from CG work so for me it is BIG.

jwiede
07-19-2013, 11:08 AM
True dat. News has the word new in it. Like we've never heard it before. We know about the Kinect already.

Well, there have been hints about Alembic support in various places (the modified logo, the "State of Render" article, etc.) so I presume that's at least part of the news, though frankly I hope there's more than that -- Alembic support isn't really "big news", at least judging by how other pkgs treated their addition of Alembic support.

Chris S. (Fez)
07-19-2013, 11:59 AM
Here's hoping for CC subd fixes and improved modeler performance. Don't care if the tech comes from Pixar or not.

Just started researching 3D printing. Awesome to see the LW group is staying on top of the latest/greatest formats.

zarti
07-19-2013, 12:39 PM
.. -- Alembic support isn't really "big news", at least judging by how other pkgs treated their addition of Alembic support.
hi ,

what do you mean with that ?

50one
07-19-2013, 12:52 PM
hi ,

what do you mean with that ?

I suppose what he meant by this, is that the alembic support wasn't really advertised in other packages as a main selling point, just some addition to your workflow if you know what I mean.

Matt
07-19-2013, 01:21 PM
We are planning to stream as I understand, don't want to say absolutely, just in case there is some horrible technical issue at the Anaheim Convention Center we don't know about. Will keep you posted.

wyattharris
07-19-2013, 02:08 PM
I do not see the implementation of Kinect to be big news.
I do, very big news. Except the news will be that it is now available for everyone.
But if LWG keeps up with past shows then it will be one among 10 or 11 other big news items.

Cageman
07-19-2013, 02:29 PM
Alembic support isn't really "big news", at least judging by how other pkgs treated their addition of Alembic support.

3DSMax, as far as I know, use a third party plugin. Free, obviously, but not as optimal as having the actual AD-devs implementing it... ;)

EDIT: As far as I remember from the FX-guys at work, the 3DSMax plugin was released this year.

Cageman
07-19-2013, 02:33 PM
We are planning to stream as I understand, don't want to say absolutely, just in case there is some horrible technical issue at the Anaheim Convention Center we don't know about. Will keep you posted.

If you can not stream live... will you put up videos during the day?

OnlineRender
07-19-2013, 02:50 PM
who cares ... Good Luck LW3DG , LW11 is killer and great spot at Sigggy just make sure you capitalize for anyone going enjoy yourself and steal me a tshirt

Cageman
07-19-2013, 02:57 PM
who cares ...

i... ?

OnlineRender
07-19-2013, 03:44 PM
i... ?
in reference to original post "3D group will have some big news to share at the show." honestly there is a good chance modeler has had some decent improvements , the team will showcase all the kinect stuff as far as I am concerned Lino will have hot stuff regarding modelling , marketing have there A game and everyone else is on the ball ...

so I have came to the LATE conclusion that my trust is in LW "software" and "TEAM"... I have no real frets and I only expect LW to be developed ... EASY! so in turn " 3D group will have some big news to share at the show" who cares this should be the "NORM"

OnlineRender
07-19-2013, 03:52 PM
in reference to original post "3D group will have some big news to share at the show." honestly there is a good chance modeler has had some decent improvements , the team will showcase all the kinect stuff as far as I am concerned Lino will have hot stuff regarding modelling , marketing have there A game and everyone else is one the ball ...

so I have came to the LATE conclusion that my trust is in LW "software" and "TEAM"... I have no real frets and I only expect LW to be developed ... EASY! so in turn " 3D group will have some big news to share at the show" who cares this should be the "NORM"

Its about time people stopped putting LW down and under estimating the quality of the product and team ... no offence to the original poster I am generalizing here

cresshead
07-19-2013, 04:07 PM
hope the live stream happens, it's exciting...the newtek booth is HUGE...
no sign of Autodesk having their own this year !!...just perching themselves on the intel and nvidia booths (cheap skates!)
So, team Lightwave ..Rock it!

m.d.
07-19-2013, 04:51 PM
live stream is nice....
but if its not possible please record and put up ASAP...as sometimes the live stream and my schedule doesn't work anyway...but a recording we can always watch

Nicolas Jordan
07-19-2013, 04:55 PM
We are planning to stream as I understand, don't want to say absolutely, just in case there is some horrible technical issue at the Anaheim Convention Center we don't know about. Will keep you posted. I sure hope you guys stream it again. I really enjoyed watching everything last year! Without Autodesk on the exhibition floor this year you guys should be able to attract some large crowds especially if you have Lino singing again. :D

GregMalick
07-19-2013, 05:08 PM
Welcome back, my friends
to the show that never ends.
We're so glad you could attend!
Come inside! Come inside!

khan973
07-20-2013, 06:10 PM
especially if you have Lino singing again. :D

And Kiki with as much excitment and jokes as last year's event.
I wish I could make it again this year!

Matt
07-20-2013, 07:51 PM
I sure hope you guys stream it again. I really enjoyed watching everything last year! Without Autodesk on the exhibition floor ...

At least this time we won't need to get into a "who can play their show reel the loudest" competition which happened last year. We won that round BTW! :D

nickdigital
07-20-2013, 08:35 PM
At least this time we won't need to get into a "who can play their show reel the loudest" competition which happened last year. We won that round BTW! :D

Haha, our Head R&D engineer did notice that the booth got progressively louder as the day went on.

khan973
07-20-2013, 09:18 PM
L.A traffic felt quiet after that :)
Matt, will you really run 2 streaming? considering how much you were sweating last year, I'm worried about your health when it's done and we need you to put your magic over LW 12 :p

Matt
07-21-2013, 01:34 AM
L.A traffic felt quiet after that :)
Matt, will you really run 2 streaming? considering how much you were sweating last year, I'm worried about your health when it's done and we need you to put your magic over LW 12 :p

??? I was hardly on camera last year!

Waves of light
07-21-2013, 02:50 AM

Lol. Yep, we could clearly hear the 'battle of the showreels' on the live streams and in the latter casts Rob clearly changed selling tactics and was shouting the fact that 'you get all of this, out of the box for 1495', 'No other software package offers this' (whilst fleetingly glancing over to the 'other booth').

Hope you do get the live streams going again this year. It was a great bit of Marketing and I wonder how many sales/upgrades you made from people watching the live streams and posting on the Siggraph thread. And maybe this year, you could have a one off question to the 'stream audience' - you know, first person to post the answer on the Siggraph thread gets a Tofu Zombie character or a t-shirt.

Anyway, not long now.

bazsa73
07-21-2013, 02:56 AM
Battle of Showreels LOL