PDA

View Full Version : Shift Spline Transform and Morphs too?

objuan
07-16-2013, 07:22 PM
Is there a way to distort and object with Shift Spline Transform, and have it do traditional morphs?

My object morphs fine via MorphMixer, or via Targeting a 2nd object they way they used to do it back in the oldin days,
but once I add the Shift Spline Transform, it ignores any approach at morphing?

Or perhaps there is a better entirely different way to do this?
What I need is:
to have a chunk of lower intestine,
pinch it in the middle,
separate it at the pinch,
pull both separate pinched ends around rather significantly to new positions.

Morph works for the pinch and spline transform was working good for the rearrangement, but they dont work good together.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Ocean

We are running caveman v9.3 here at my work, so I'm hoping to find a solution in there...

nickdigital
07-16-2013, 08:11 PM
Have you tried the Spline Deformer that comes with Dpkit?

objuan
07-16-2013, 09:17 PM
Huh, dpkit looks promising (in all sorts of ways) but I'm not seeing the Spline Deformer.

I downloaded dpkit from http://dpont.pagesperso-orange.fr/plugins/nodes/Additionnal_Nodes_2.html

and added the plugin, and now I see a whole bunch of stuff under DP kit in the node editor, but I dont see no Spline Deformer. I presume it should be under the Displacement tab, but I dont see it, nor the Meta Fit that is listed on the website.

Am I missing a step to install these?

dpont
07-16-2013, 11:41 PM
...and added the plugin, and now I see a whole bunch of stuff under DP kit in the node editor, but I dont see no Spline Deformer. I presume it should be under the Displacement tab, but I dont see it, nor the Meta Fit that is listed on the website.

Am I missing a step to install these?

May be because you downloaded the legacy version of DPKit for LW9,
Spline Deformer node is available in the two other versions,
DPKit for LW 9.6 to 10.1,
and DPKit for LW11.

Denis.

nickdigital
07-16-2013, 11:49 PM
Do a search for "Spline" in the Displacement Node Editor.