PDA

View Full Version : Quick bone select in LW??????

Seeking Buddha
07-13-2013, 03:07 PM
:help: I was watching a tutorial on youtube where a mac user used his middle button to draw a box and quickly select all the bones in his model. Is there an equivalent in the PC world? Also when you start a new scene with a character that you have motions saved for, do you have to remake that actor, or is there a way to import him? I know how to import the motions, but I keep having to rebuild the actor.

Big thanks in advance for your help.

Peace,
Seeking Buddha

Ryan Roye
07-13-2013, 03:30 PM
Don't most PC mice how middle buttons nowadays (pressing down on the scroll wheel)? It's pretty much the same on PCs. Middle click selecting really comes in handy... something no Lightwave layout user should be without!

prometheus
07-14-2013, 09:05 AM
:help: I was watching a tutorial on youtube where a mac user used his middle button to draw a box and quickly select all the bones in his model. Is there an equivalent in the PC world? Also when you start a new scene with a character that you have motions saved for, do you have to remake that actor, or is there a way to import him? I know how to import the motions, but I keep having to rebuild the actor.

Big thanks in advance for your help.

Peace,
Seeking Buddha

didnīt you try? yes ..it works the same in pc, when in bone selection, just middle click and drag you box around all your bones.
also in scene editor, you can left mouse button and click and drag over all bones, or use right mouse button and use selection/select child items recursive.

Michael

Ma3rk
07-14-2013, 09:15 AM
I've had LW for years as well as using 3-button tracball mouse for years and also didn't know about the middle button select ability in LW until I happened to see one of Rebel Hill's tutorials. When I tried to do it though, it wouldn't work. Discovered that I had to revert the mouse settings for the middle button back to Default as assigning it my usual double-click negated LW's selection ability.

Seeking Buddha
07-14-2013, 10:39 AM
I'm poor I have an old PC mouse with two buttons and a scroll. I'll see if I can change the settings on the wheel to make it work.

Seeking Buddha
07-14-2013, 10:43 AM
Awesome! I was able to turn the scroll into a middle button. Works Great! Thanks for the help.:thumbsup:

prometheus
07-14-2013, 11:12 AM
I'm poor I have an old PC mouse with two buttons and a scroll. I'll see if I can change the settings on the wheel to make it work.

just lower your food intake and cost for one or two days:)
and you will be able to afford a simple mouse with a middle scroll wheel.
I got one..not wireless but works nice.

using the middle wheel will almost be a necessary functions for many things in modeler, using the tweak tool you can simple middle mouse click and move to constrain the movement without using additional shift.
you also have a lot of commands acessable with ctrl-shift and middle mouse button in modeler.
if your using the wonderful px_bezier, you need the middle mouse button to drag a box over your handles you wish to select.

Michael