PDA

View Full Version : Uncharted Territory?

chrisburgos
07-13-2013, 02:11 PM
Hey Boys and Girls,

I am probably flying where no one else has before but I seem to keep crashing livtext. I am running 2.12 on a Surface Pro and the mouse cusor seems to cause an issue and become this glitched blocky graphic after some movement. I am not sure if this error occurs else where or in the past with other machines,but if it does a similar solution to that one may fix it.

Thanks for any help,
Chris Burgos

Edit: Minor Update, It seems i cant get the NetFramework to install properly. Would that contribute to the crashing associated with the cursor? Its a pretty funky looking error that occurs, the cursor changes into what looks like a chinese symbol or a square pattern of dots and then LT crashes. It seems to happen after text as been entered.

PIZAZZ
07-13-2013, 04:32 PM
All fixed up now. :)

kanep
07-13-2013, 09:43 PM
What was the fix?

PIZAZZ
07-14-2013, 07:05 AM
We had to do a complete Windows update a couple times to make sure all the updates were installed. The .net framework seemed to be a hangup. I believe Chris actually directly installed the latest version of .net for Win8 instead of the version that is bundled/called for in the LT installer. That and made sure to force LT not to use the 150% text enlarger that Win8 defaults to for tablets like this. Since this is a true 1920x1080 screen, the text at 100% is pretty small for the screen size so that is why the default is 150%.