PDA

View Full Version : LW 11.5 Mac Import error

gpdesigner
07-12-2013, 08:33 PM
Hello all,
I just downloaded 11.5 to see if it would work on my machine. older Mac Pro 2.66 quad. 16 gig
Anyway I am in discovery mode and when I launched modeller a PCore Console popped up I guess it is telling me all the plugins and such trying to be loaded.
well, seems that I am getting an import error that says
trackback most recent call last
File "/3D Programs/Lightwave 11.5/support/plugins/scripts/Python/Layout/Instancer/city_block.py", line 11, in <module>
import error: no module named lwsdk

it also gives a list of .py files that it also can't find. so there are quite a few import errors.
I followed the address given to see if the files were there and they are any idea what is going on?

Also during the install I received and error message saying:
Problem running program install step
Install may not complete correctly error running chmod -r775/3D Programs; chmod:/3D; no such file or directory chmod: Programs: no such file or directory . .
any ideas about this.

It seems that I can run the software in discovery mode I'm just a bit concerned about all the error popups . . .
Thanks in Advance
gp

gpdesigner
07-12-2013, 09:04 PM
Ok sorry for the waist of time but I figured this out . . after re reading the install notes, which I couldn't get to until after I unzipped and installed the software anyway . . It said I couldnot install in a directory which was named with spaces.
ie my path was /3D Programs/, so I uninstalled changed all folders to single words and re installed . . problem solved . . .
I will leave this here just in case someone else runs into this issue . . .
peace
gp