PDA

View Full Version : Imported PNG files in Stills Tab have thin Halo

CMNtvChris
07-12-2013, 11:38 AM
Hello

I've imported some PNG with Alpha stills into the TriCaster 850. When I load them into the Stills tab and call them up using the DSK I get a thin, bright halo edge line on the top and bottom of the graphic. I've gotten this in multiple sessions, both SD and HD and with multiple graphics.

How do I fix this?

I've created the PNGs in Apple's Motion and Photoshop CS4 for the Mac. I've tried a variety of export options out of Motion for PNGs, including both Pre-Multiplying the Alpha with black and without. PNGs from Photoshop appear the same way.

Chris Weagel
CMNtv.org

Buddy.Hannon
07-12-2013, 12:10 PM
We have a Tricaster 40 v1 and just saving out a 24-bit png from Photoshop cs6, I get a nice image with no halo.
I would suggest using only Photoshop, remove the background from the image, hit ctrl+shift+s and choose the png file format.
That works for me everytime.

I hope this helps

SBowie
07-15-2013, 11:19 AM
I've created the PNGs in Apple's Motion and Photoshop CS4 for the Mac. I've tried a variety of export options out of Motion for PNGs, including both Pre-Multiplying the Alpha with black and without. PNGs from Photoshop appear the same way.I believe the recommendation is to use straight (non-premultiplied) files.